Is dropping the MSN Premium not required to have PUC prior approval?
Jerryunhappy

Come March 1,2012 Verizon is dropping MSN Prmium as part of the services provided which in essence is a fee increase. Verizon has the audacity to say their services are staying the same. Same old Corporate stick it to the public. Maybe the "Occupy Wall Street" people aren't so far off. Hey, Verizon either give us the same services for the same price or reduce your monthly fees for less! 

0 Likes
Re: Is dropping the MSN Premium not required to have PUC prior approval?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't say who is at fault here, whether it's Microsoft or Verizon for wanting to break up a partnership between the two companies for a portal service, so I'm not going to start accusing a company for doing the wrong thing. It has been known for some time though, that Verizon was planning to retire the MSN Services for whatever reason, so I'm amazed they didn't inform people more often of this issue.

As far as the PUC goes? DSL isn't a regulated utility. Telephone service is and this has nothing to do with a landline. You could perhaps bug other governmental organizations but it's tough to say what they will do at this point. If anything, you still have the option to move everything to a free Live account, or stick with a Verizon account or perhaps a Verizon Yahoo account. The transition shoud go smoothly, but it's a wait and see thing based on whatever you choose.

Re: Is dropping the MSN Premium not required to have PUC prior approval?
Hottwhls

First off...My wife and I are a long time Verizon customer.When we heard that Verizon has dropped MSN premuim to its customer,we have started looking for a different carrier for our TV,Phone and TV service.We are upset about this change.Verizon is charging too many fees already and now they are going to drop MSN?....We are very mad as I have mention are are shopping for a new carrier for our services needed.

0 Likes