Lack of Availability is Disappointing
jackpot423

I don't know if this is so much and idea or suggestion as it is a complaint.  I did not see a better area on the Verizon website to provide my disappointment though.  I moved into my current residence about 10 years ago.  My zip code is 11720.  At that time, I was approached by a FIOS salesman who tried to sell me on home services.  I asked if TV was an option, and was advised that it was not currently an option in my area, but that they expected its availability shortly.  It is now 10 years later and FIOS TV is still not available in my area.  Your company spends millions on advertising every year, but what good does that do you if your product is not available?  I find it a bit ridiculous that I have been waiting a decade and FIOS TV is still not available in my area.  In fact, it makes me truly question whether Verizon is the leader in the industry that it claims to be.  And when I say waiting, I mean waiting, because once is becomes available I am going to switch in a second.  So here is at least one customer that you could have had for the past 10 years, and maybe 20-30 more, but you will never see a dime of my money for the simple reason that you refuse to do what is necessary to bring FIOS TV into my area.  Just doesn't seem like a good business move to me.  I am very, very disappointed in your company!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lack of Availability is Disappointing
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

A couple of notes to help you on your quest:

1) These forums are for customer to customer help.  Verizon reps sometimes escalate specific service issues to the customer service team, but other than that nobody at Verizon responds to feedback such as yours here.

2) Cable TV service is a political issue.  Depending on where you live, local and/or state governments have the authority to grant franchises to provide cable TV (FiOS TV is a cable TV service, legally speaking).  Verizon has lobbied some states to allow state wide franchising.  As you can imagine, the incumbent cable TV companies fight very hard to keep Verizon out and have fought to block state wide franchising.  Some existing franchises agreements may even be exclusive.

In short, I am certain that Verizon wants to provide TV service in all areas they've installed FiOS.  If they haven't been granted the franchises, this is most likely due to the current franchises agreements.  If this is really important to you, you'll need to dig into the local and or state process for cable TV franchising and find out why Verizon hasn't gotten one.  Your local politicians may be able to offer some insight.

Good Luck.

0 Likes