Let "MyVerizon" Work For You
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Many users are writing that the new MyVerizon pages are difficult to use.  I find having my wireless phone, TV settings, Internet settings,  etc., presented in a similar format is helpful, but there's much information that I don't use.  With some tweaking one can set up a simpler screen.  The posts below give a few ideas.

1.  If you don't like the home page that you first see, it's easy to make changes. Try this formula (very similar to step 3 below):

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Stop-hiding/m-p/517071#M7825

2.  You can find everything you'd normally need on the slide-down menu at the top of every page.  Email is an example.  Just "mouse over" the big red "MyVerizon" at the top and under "My Services" click on "Check My Voicemails."  This takes you to all the phone features, including call lists, all settings, etc.

3.  For a simple home page with a large search feature, try this.

*  Open the "MyVerizon" start page using this link: http://entertainment.verizon.com/ 

*  Place a shortcut to this page on your desktop.

*  You'll see a large blue "Customize This Page" near the upper right.  In the drop-down box choose "Change Layout." . 

*  Choose the "slim"  layout and save your settings.

Now when you click on the desktop shortcut you just set up, you'll find a Google search bar.  You'll also find links to just about any conceivable task you need.

4.  You can customize essentially all the components on the home page.  For example on the "Email News TV" page there is already a large blue sign that says "Customize This Page."  It's a simple matter to place a link to this page and the customization features on your desktop.

5.  Don't like home pages in general?  Then don't use one.  For example, I get about 5 daily newspapers downloaded (for free) to email every day.  I use an email client and an email scanner to sort and read my mail.  I use the VZ TV listings and DVR pages to choose and record video.  Finally I use the forums to learn about and solve issues with my system, and to try to provide information to others.  None of these tasks (which constitute essentially 100% of my VZ-related activity) require that I visit the home page.  If I do indeed have a home page, it's simply Google.  From there it's a short ride to just about anywhere.

6.  Want to find your own web space?  See if this link helps:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Personal-Web-Space/m-p/514759#M7771

7.  For simple email access, try this.   Pass your mouse over "MyVerizon" at the top of any page and the slide-down panel will give you access to "Email News TV" in the last column to the right.  Depending on your particular browser, you can also pin a link to your web mail at the top of every browser page.  Takes a little digging' sometimes but it certainly can be done.

This list could be much longer,and it will be in the future.  Also there's some duplication that needs addressing.  Meanwhile these simple ideas should get folks started.