Lied to with no recourse
acgrupe

My 2-year agreement was due to end at the beginning of June.  At the beginning of May I received a letter from Verizon giving me a loyalty reward of 3 free months of HBO, how nice.  When I tried to renew my current packages at the beginning of June my cost was going to increase around $30 a month. To keep costs down I downgraded my TV package but at checkout it was losing my loyalty reward of the 3 free months of HBO.  Did a live chat with a Verizon rep and was told, yes, I would lose the last 2 months of my 3 month loyalty reward when I renewed.  Funny, doesn't sound like a loyalty reward.  Went to the local Verizon Experience store and was told the same thing and that they were not allowed to downgrade packages at the store, they could only ungrade.  Called a Verizon agent and was told once again that I would lose the loyalty reward when I signed up for a new 2 year agreement.  I complained that not only did I have to downgrade my TV package to try and save some money but the reward for staying with Verizon was to lose my "loyalty" reward.  The rep was very nice and offered a small discount and as a gesture would also give me a free year of HBO to offset losing the loyalty reward.  I thought, wow, this is really cool and signed up on the spot.  Come August 9th my HBO was disconnected.  Once again, called a Verizon rep, who was nice through the entire process, and come to find out that there is no record of the free 1 year of HBO anywhere and that I had kept the loyalty reward of 3 months of HBO and it had just ended.  So I was lied to on 4 separate occasions with one of them actually getting me to sign up for 2 more years!  I was offered HBO for half price or I could pay the early termination fee of my contract if I wanted.  I'm glad we can be lied to and have no record of it anywhere, it's all in their hands.  Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to with no recourse
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to with no recourse
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

acgrupe,

We have investigated the situation and gone over our options for HBO with you. At this time we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional question or need further assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes