Moving Verizon wire off pole
lladler

I am writing on behalf of my mother who has tried numerous times to make this request and has received no help.

My mother's house (on Long Island, NY) was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy.  After the storm the utility pole was leaning and a new pole was installed.  All wires which were connected to the old pole were moved to the new pole EXCEPT for Verizon wires.  My mother is not a Verizon customer, however neighbors must use the wires which are still on the old pole.

Now, she has a new pole and an old pole standing in her yard.  It's old, rotted, leaning and an eyesore and the only way to have it removed is for Verizon to take this last step and move the wires.

She has called and talked to different people in customer service and the most recent response was that it was going to take a "very long time" for someone to come out - with no specific date and no ability to follow up.  Since she is not a Verizon customer, it is difficult to get a request in place.

This is a hazard, we cannot have her grandchildren in the back yard as a result of this. Can someone please give me step by step instructions as to how to get this problem taken care of?

Thank you,

Lisa

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving Verizon wire off pole
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lladler,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lladler,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have close your case out. We are glad we were able to get this sorted out and get that pole removed. If you ever need anything, please feel free to make a new thread.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
We now have two double poles
markjonathan1

one on my property and one across the street. Con Ed put in new poles and moved their service, the cable comany moved theirs now only Verizon needs to move their wires and GET THE POLES OUT!

Please lets get this done, it been months

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: We now have two double poles
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You need to contact Verizon directly for that. This is a peer to peer support forum, and is not monitored by Verizon employees.

0 Likes
lillyDee

I am having roofing work done in 3 days and the roofers are concerned that Verizon wires running over my back patio will be in the way of their ladders. They are worried that their equipment might make the wires fall down. A Comcast employee was out today and told me that they are definitely Verizon wires and that they are not run according to FCC regulations (they go to houses a block away but are attached to my house and run over my back patio). There is a shared pedestrian alley behind my house with a utility pole in the middle of the block, so they could easily be run in a way that does not attach to my house or run over my patio. I have so far had no luck with Verizon Customer Support, as I am not currently a Verizon customer. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes