Multiple service appointment no-shows / no-calls
rwent1

This is a complaint about Verizon's inability to honor multiple service appointments or bother to notify me when they know they have no intention of making the appointment.

I reported a complete service outage of all FIOS (TV and Internet) and my copper phone on  Dec 6th by calling the FIOS automated help number (888-553-1555). I was told (via automated message) that a service technician would come out the next day (Dec 7th) between 8:00AM and 9:00PM (a 13 hour window). I waited all day but no technician ever came out and I never received a call. Meanwhile, I received several text messages confirming the appointment.

I called back on Dec 7th at 9:30PM to complain about no service technician arriving or calling. This time, I talked to an actual person who assured me that a service technician would be out the following day (Dec 8th) between 8:00AM and 12:00PM. Again, I received text messages confirming the appointment. However, once again, so service technician ever arrived and no one ever called.

After calling back a third and forth times, I spent over three hours on the phone, bouncing between 5 different Verizon representatives, only to now be assured that a service technician will most likely be out before Dec 11 (Wed). They could not schedule a date, but they fully expected me to be available at home and at all times during this three days, just in case the service technician comes by!

It was during this call that one of the service reps told me that the regional Dispatch Center had been closed for the weekend, because of weather.

Why then would Verizon still be making service appointments when they knew that they would not be completing them? I understand having to close because of weather but would a courtesy cancellation phone call be too much to ask for? You know, you can automate that, too, right?

So let me get this straight -- after making and then breaking two appointments that forced me to be at home awaiting their technician for 17 hours, Verizon then expects to wait around yet again FOR THREE STRAIGHT DAYS?! 

I can't think of anything more worthwhile than having to use up 3 of my vacation days, just to sit here and wait for the Verizon technician to honor me with his presence! 

And what did Verizon's customer service rep offer me for the inconvenience?   "We'll agree not to charge you for the five days of service that you won't be getting"?

WOW! HOW AMAZINGLY GENEROUS OF YOU!

I'm so glad to have been a faithful FIOS customer for the past 10 years.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple service appointment no-shows / no-calls
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple service appointment no-shows / no-calls
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

rwent,

We have confirmation that work was done on your lines in order to correct service, however as we haven't had confirmation from you concerning the work after multiple attempts, we are closing your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate with you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes