NEW CUSTOMERS
Tacoma2012

I recently tried to sign up for residential internet service with Verizon. My cell phones are with Verizon and I have no complaints in the years I have been a loyal customer. I wanted home internet because it fit better with my lifestyle and seemed to be very convenient.

I called and was advised by the customer service representative that I qualified for service and I was within the coverage range needed. I went through the process by giving out personal information and set up times. This process was time consuming but I had no problem with it because I knew there were steps. I asked the representative if I could get the internet price of 24.99 for the package I selected because it was cheaper and the website was hard to navigate using my cellular phone. The representative honored the price and gave me a date for activation. I ended to conversation feeling great about my decision and ready for the new service.

A couple of days later I received a automated message informing me that my order had been cancelled for technical reasons and that service was not possible. So the next business day I called back to see what happened or if a error was made. I spoke to another Representative who stated that she did not understand why that happened and she was going to set my order up again. At the end of the conversation I was all set to go and I asked the Representative if they were still going to honor the 24.99 price that was quoted to me from the initial set up. The representative advised me no that I had to go online to get that price. I then gave the representative the name of the person (I gave the name because the representative said that they had no employee or rep number)  who honored the decision and I was told that there were to many representatives servicing the state I live in and there was no way to confirm it. I cancelled the order out of pure frustration because of the time I invested on the phone and the the confusion and lack of customer service that I had received.

I then calmed down and called back to speak to a supervisor to just inform them of the problems I had. I was not transferred to a supervisor like I requested I was transferred to technical support. I was advised of the technical issue that was the reason for the failure immediately and that there were no other customers being accepted in my area because they had as many as possible my coverage area.

Today I received the equipment by UPS to set up service that was cancelled twice by Verizon. So I called again and was advised that return slip would be sent by UPS to get the item returned back to Verizon.

This is a complaint/new idea I guess so I hope this will assist you in the future. I will get the word out via the internet (on my phone) to the best of my ability to save as many people from the hassle I had endured

0 Likes
Re: NEW CUSTOMERS
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your problems with Verizon. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
Re: NEW CUSTOMERS
WhiteCrow454

I too am experiencing problems establishing new service. May 11, 2012 I placed an online order for high-speed internet and home phone. Verizon cell phone number was to be ported to home phone. Missed a call from Stella at {edited for privacy} but got her voicemail. She said she needed my verizon wireless account number and last 4 of my ssn to process the order. Both were proveded in the online order. Tried calling her back several times but never an answer. Tried the 800 number and got transferred all over the place but never to anybody who could help me get the needed info to the right department. Tried the online chat. Waste of time. Service was to be ready May 25th. It's now May 31 and still waiting. Received another voicemail from stella saying installation has been moved ahead 30 days and will cancel the order if she doesn't receive the needed info. I'm out of options.

0 Likes