Need to have unused (nothing attached to it) telephone pole removed - major run-around for 2 months
Charlie777

Can someone from Verizon please advise how we can resolve this problem?  We have been given the royal run-around since mid-December each time we call Verizon.  They say they create a case and that someone will call us and/or give us a name and number of a supervisor to call.  When we leave a message after calling that person, no one EVER gets back to us, even after leaving numerous messages.    And then we have to start the whole process over again.  We live in Woodbridge, NJ and there should be an open case on this.  We are totally annoyed and disappointed with Verizon customer service at this point.  Any suggestions?  Contact numbers (that might get us somewhere???)?  Please advise how we should handle this and/or what department to contact.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to have unused (nothing attached to it) telephone pole removed - major run-around for 2 mon
misguided1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Charlie (and others)

It may not be as simple as having Verizon come out there and take the pole away.  A few things need to be considered.

1) Is the utility pole actually owned by Verizon (there is usually some type of metal band on it that states who owns it and its designation)

2)  In a lot of cases the City needs to give permission for the pole to be removed, as the city gave permission for the pole to be placed.  Contacting your local government can help expedite the process.

3) Are there future plans for the pole to be used by Verizon or any other utility / cable company.  Again this can usually be found out at your local government office as they must give right-of-way for the pole to be used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need to have unused (nothing attached to it) telephone pole removed - major run-around for 2 mon
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Charlie777

what would be the timeframe for this person to reach out to me?

0 Likes
bdy226

Did you ever get this resolved? We have the same issue (went through the power company first but they determined it's a verizon pole), and I haven't been able to reach a real person to even discuss the issue.

0 Likes
annetteb1

I have the same problem but     the pole is there for 5 years. Who did you call? I can't get a #

0 Likes
misguided1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Charlie (and others)

It may not be as simple as having Verizon come out there and take the pole away.  A few things need to be considered.

1) Is the utility pole actually owned by Verizon (there is usually some type of metal band on it that states who owns it and its designation)

2)  In a lot of cases the City needs to give permission for the pole to be removed, as the city gave permission for the pole to be placed.  Contacting your local government can help expedite the process.

3) Are there future plans for the pole to be used by Verizon or any other utility / cable company.  Again this can usually be found out at your local government office as they must give right-of-way for the pole to be used.

0 Likes