Need to vent a bit...
Carter801

A request that should've taken 30 minutes is taking three days. I work in networking/server/telephony and know what all needs to be done for an install that I have taking place, so I need to vent a bit and hopefully a Verizon rep will read this and acknowledge they have some problems this weekend.

My girlfriends 2 yr contract just ended, so we cancelled her service and I joined as a new customer as it saves us money, while getting a better package (no loyalty for old customers??) and I can get my job to pay part of the bill since it'll be in my name. 

Her service was cancelled yesterday morning and mine was to be installed in the afternoon, fairly easy all in all, except somehow our phone was disconnected, yet we still have TV/Internet going through her account. Suppose it's better than having no service, which I expect to happen at some point this weekend.

My installation which was to be done yesterday and had a tech here for about 5 hours sitting in front of the driveway was rescheduled for this morning after there was nothing he could do. Then about an hour ago I find out it's been rescheduled for tomorrow. When I look on My Verizon at the installation times, I have nothing for a phone, which is awesome as I currently don't have phone service anyway, and no update on installation times.

I've never had to deal with Verizon before, but I'm hoping it's just something with this weekend and not a standard thing where simple tasks/requests turn into major cluster f's. Anyone else experience issues with their installation or having problems with customer service this weekend or am I just really lucky?

I do feel a little better after typing this, but I honestly expect all services to be jacked up, have my bill be completely wrong, and have to sit on the phone (when it returns) to get everything straighted out. 

0 Likes