New Contract & Verizon is giving me excuses
wicked-warlock
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is pretty simple.

I have been a long life comcast customer and after nearly 20 years I've decided to swtich to Verizon back in November/December 2014.  I have 14 months left for my contract.

I spend $223+ for service.

This includes the 75M/75M internet

The 420+ channel package with all the premium channels

Voice with privacy

Now I called Verizon because I was shopping and now they offer the same exact service now with the following changes:

It includes the 150M/150M

And the price has gone down to $205.xx and change.  That is nearly $20 cheaper than I'm paying now.

I think since Comcast has bumped their package to 150M and Verizon wants to compete.

I called Verizon and I wanted the same deal.  I am even willing to extend my contract back to two years again.

Verizon doesn't want to help me because I'm not a new customer.  I beg to differ because again, I've been with comcast for almost 20 years and I've been with Verizon less than one year.  From a customer service stand point, there isn't any reason why verizon can't offer me the same services with a new contract.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and I was told someone will call me back because they coudln't help me for whatever reason wasn't clear.  I am at the point to cancel and go back to comcast.

0 Likes
Re: New Contract & Verizon is giving me excuses
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most service providers won't give deals that new custoemrs get to existing customers.
And that not only goes for TV, but cellphones as well (see the fine print on any deals you see).

0 Likes
Re: New Contract & Verizon is giving me excuses
wicked-warlock
Enthusiast - Level 3

No excuses.

There isn't any reason to keep service from verizon if they don't want to compete to keep my business.

If they don't care about my business and clearly they do not because I didn't get a call back from a supervisor.  It is now day two.

There isn't any reason to stay with verizon.  Why comcast isn't much better, they do at least call back and try to talk.

I don't even care about the money, I just want the 150M/150M because the competition is offering it.  Verizon could at least offer that to keep my business.

Compeition keeps companies honest.

0 Likes