New Customer - Billing Issues from the Beginning
RebekahG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a new home for the first time and I decided to go with Verizon to try them out.

I set everything up so it would be ready for me in September when I closed.

Even though I took the TV off of my bundle (funds changed and I couldn't afford it) before it even got set up (DirecTV was quick to refund the charge, even though they didn't want me to leave), I was fine.

Even though I was told while on Vacation before the closing that Verizon High Speed Internet wasn't available in my area (Even though I had specifically asked the online agent I talked to whether it was available in my area since no one else around here seemed to think it was), you know, it was still fine.

I didn't need the TV and I could get the internet elsewhere, but I still needed a land line and Verizon was the most economical price for home phone around here.

Everything was fine with just the land line.

But then, I never recieved a bill. I thought, well maybe when I paid for the overall bundle (I had been charged, and refunded for the TV service), that took care of September. So I didn't worry about it.

October rolls around, still no bill. My parents at my old address didn't recieve a bill for me either, SO I thought "well maybe they wait until the end of the month just in case I make long distance calls when I don't have long distance coverage or something."

So all my bills start coming in November and still nothing. I couldn't even log onto My Verizon to see if I had been missing a bill because I never RECIEVED a bill, so I never had my ACCOUNT number which was required to log IN because I had "made changes" to my account.

So I finally called Verizon up yesterday and found out I was late in payments and owed $109.42 due by December. Okay, fine. I didn't look into the missing bills and I know I was late, so I have no problem paying this payment.

I actually got the bill in the mail today, forwarded by the post office to my new address, even though when I asked for them to send my bill out again, I asked that they send it to the NEW address. However, I can't pay it online. When I log into My Verizon (now that I FINALLY have my account number) it says "You have a payment due" on the right side of the screen and it shows me the charges for the month of November, but

a) when I click on "make payment" it tells me I don't have a bill at all, so no payment is necessary and I can't actually click on the field to make a payment anyway. It literally will not let me make a payment. It says I have no bill.

b) I want to see the charges from the previous two bills but I can't. I want to know how much the late fees were because even for three months plus late charges, I cannot fathom how my bill is at $109.42 when I only have Regional Essentials with Voice Mail.

So I don't want to be late on another bill, but I don't want to blindly pay for the last three months without knowing exactly what I'm paying for, but I can't pay online, I can't see previous statements. So I can either pay over the phone (for a FEE) or I can mail in a check and HOPE I can look at the charges later.

Needless to say I'm not very impressed with Verizon so far.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Customer - Billing Issues from the Beginning
RebekahG
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: I guess I just had to be angry enough at My Verizon because now (magically) my bill is showing up. Maybe it was too much for me to expect to be able to pay my bill online before 6:00pm on the day I got the bill? Who knows.

I'm still a little confused about why my bill is so high because I honestly do NOT recall Regional Essentials costing that much when I first enrolled but I don't know where my order sheet is, and it's really not worth the energy to worry about it right now.

The biggest thing is I can pay my bill now, yay!

So this issue has been resolved and I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RebekahG
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: I guess I just had to be angry enough at My Verizon because now (magically) my bill is showing up. Maybe it was too much for me to expect to be able to pay my bill online before 6:00pm on the day I got the bill? Who knows.

I'm still a little confused about why my bill is so high because I honestly do NOT recall Regional Essentials costing that much when I first enrolled but I don't know where my order sheet is, and it's really not worth the energy to worry about it right now.

The biggest thing is I can pay my bill now, yay!

So this issue has been resolved and I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RebekahG

We have already forwarded this to a Verizon agent who has access to the kind of infomation to help resolve your website issues. They should be contacting you via Pm or by email.

0 Likes
decafgrandmom1

I'm in the process of copying 4 innacurate bills, e-mails from Verizon & supporting documentation to forward to the FTC, FCC, and anyone else I can think of to expose Verizon's shoddy billing practices.  Efforts to resolve the matter have been unsuccessful, I'm sick of calling every month, and receiving the next bill with unresolved issues.  Last call to Verizon the CSR was so confused that she couldn't itemize the disputed amount...it's a disgrace. I was however cautioned to pay the disputed amount or I would have to deal with collections - BRING IT!!!  As soon as I can find an attractive bundle with COMCAST I'll cancel Verizon - it's the worst decision I' every made. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@decafgrandmom wrote:

I'm in the process of copying 4 innacurate bills, e-mails from Verizon & supporting documentation to forward to the FTC, FCC, and anyone else I can think of to expose Verizon's shoddy billing practices.  Efforts to resolve the matter have been unsuccessful, I'm sick of calling every month, and receiving the next bill with unresolved issues.  Last call to Verizon the CSR was so confused that she couldn't itemize the disputed amount...it's a disgrace. I was however cautioned to pay the disputed amount or I would have to deal with collections - BRING IT!!!  As soon as I can find an attractive bundle with COMCAST I'll cancel Verizon - it's the worst decision I' every made. 

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Ranganrajesh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to FTC and submit a complaint.  I have done the same  

Tags (1)
0 Likes