New logon procedure for forum access does not work.
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently the logon procedure for forum access was changed in the last couple of weeks and the new process does not appear to work correctly.

You can, and always could, browse the forums without being logged into them.

In the past if you want to comment on a thread you would hit reply and be presented with a sign on screen where you could chose the account type you wanted to sign on, e.g. resedential id, and then enter the id and passord and be presented with an empty response page.

Now when you select reply you rget a sign on screen where you enter just a userid.  Then you get a screen that shows your security icon and you can enter your password.  I enter my password and then get presented with the old style sign on screen and a message that says my credentials are incorrect - I tried it several times and it always fails.  If I enter both credentials again on the old style screen it signs me on, however it presents me with the main verizon home page from which I have to go back on the browser 4 or 5 pages or alternatively select support, forums, the forum, find the thread, find the one I want to reply to and select reply and finally get presented with the blank response page.

Looks like the Single Sign On procedure have been implement incorrectly again just like the ticket issue I had with a similar problem with SSO a month or so back.

Edited

Guess this is tied with my previous post regarding logon issues prior to the latest change, however this latest change has exacerbated the issue by apparently creating an invalid login in the process.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Suggestions-For-This-Community/Forum-reply-login-change/m-p/794502

0 Likes
Re: New logon procedure for forum access does not work.
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope this attachment works for you

0 Likes