New my verizon redirect errors w/ Safari
bwyllie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody else receiving error messages whentrying to navigate thru the new My Verizon on Safari. Try to pay my bill and empty screen comes up stating too many redirects by the web page.

Re: New my verizon redirect errors w/ Safari
jodi83

I have had the happen all day today 

0 Likes
jnb9603

Same here...

0 Likes
dfwmomma

I am having the same issue.  I finally was able to sign in through my iPhone and pay my bill.

0 Likes
artsylady4

I am unable to give a payment due to redirect issues with Safari...... Does anyone know how to fix this issue!!!! 

0 Likes
artsylady4

I was able to give a payment using my Verizon Fios, iphone app..... I tried 2 attempts before it took it!!!!!!  Verizon fix this!!!!!!

0 Likes
yolivar

Same here... I finally manage to use MyVerizon website throught another browser (I use Crome since this was the one the technician used when he installed the service). But I don't get it: what's the bug with Safari!

0 Likes
altheurer

I spent some time with Verizon customer service becasue of this problem. Wesbsite works better right now in Firefox. (I'm using that now) Safari will work better if you clear your old cookies, but I still can't get it to load tv listings or make a new sub account. (I'm a new subscriber) I believe there new web design my have some issues. Tech support acctually reccomended safari over firefox!

0 Likes
fairlane
Enthusiast - Level 1

It still happening. Using a Mac with Mountain Lion, either Firefox 17.0.1 or Chrome 23.0.1271.101 redirects the website login and crashes. Browser responds with the server redirects to a page that will never complete. Clearing cache files does not fix the problem. This MyVerizon 3.0 is an epic fail in my opinion, and I took their online survey and told them so. Their email is not encrypted, the actual signin page for their MyVerizon portal is using some bastardized version of the Java RE (seriously?) Apparantly, the coders of Verizon's website have no clue about how to code a webpage. I would think with the amount we're paying for services they would at least give an ounce of effort to using a secure page to log into; READ - By NOT using Java, in ANY form. To be fair, the risks arise when you allow Java to invoke a command within a web browser. That is just BAD. In general, having the Java RE installed on a system poses not so much of a threat. Still, having java to log into a secure page or to login to the site is just poor coding and poor web design. Bottom line, you don't need java to run a website so get rid of it.

For this reason Apple paid attention when Oracle dropped the ball on their insecure piece of garbage they call Java. That's why they disabled it within Safari. (or at least if a webpage needed it, it would execute and then turn itself off when the browser was finished) and I suspect Chrome has dropped support or is planning on dropping support of java soon.

There's a running joke within the security community for a reason; the mantra about Java was "write once, run everywhere". The thought being you write the code once and it would render anywhere. Now the mantra is "Write once, exploit everywhere". 

At least, when paying my bill, they got that part right, each page is using persistant SSL. Why they don't turn on persistent SSL for their email servers is beyond me. I plan on moving over to either Gmail or some other secure webmail solution. It seems common sense has fallen on deaf ears.

0 Likes
isleofnewyork
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, the new Verizon site is a complete disaster for me too. Can't use it at all with Safari. I've managed to use the site a bit with Mozilla Firefox, but even that is a bit wobbly and some pages don't seem to be complete. Can't seem to edit and change any settings either. It's amazing that a company could go live with a site in this condition without noticing. Did they test in on any Macs at all?
0 Likes