Not Honoring Contract Renewal and Misleading Reps
evan48

I tried renewing my contract a few weeks ago which caused a glitch in my account and corrupted my OnDemand as the contract I had (Prime TV, 25/25 Internet, and Showtime) was no longer offered. After being passed around for two weeks and spending 15+ hours on the phone/chat, the service rep finally said that I should just renew my service and they will give me $30 Valued Customer Credit for 12 months for my troubles and to offset the increase in cost because technically they couldn't honor what was offered to me.

So I renewed the contract online and got a confirmation email with my updated price. I checked online and my account seemed to be in good order with the $30 credit included (see email snapshot). Fast forward one week, I got my bill and it was $30 more than what the confirmation email quoted. I looked online and noticed that without any new confirmation or notification, Verizon removed the $30 credit even though it was included in the confirmation email. I talked to a rep who said they'd fix the problem but instead of fixing the contract, they gave me a one month $25 credit which is fine for this month but obviously will cause issues for the rest of the contract. Again, another instance where they put a bandaid on a problem, hope the customer won't mind, and don't actually fix the problem.

Aside from one rep (Kim), I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Verizon and have been lied to, put on endless holds, dropped off calls, and fail to follow-up even though I've been extremely patient and diligent on my end. The one advantage FIOS has is the service for the price is better than its competitors but with their awful customer service and misleading billing system, the small price saving might not even be worth it.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me who's this unlucky?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Honoring Contract Renewal and Misleading Reps
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes