OMG! ..what on Earth is going on with Version?
MannyL358
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG!!! ...I've never experienced anything like this in my 49 yrs dealing with customer service.

I will try and make this as quick and least painful to read.

First, I'm a recently returning customer after leaving Verizon for over ten years.

My wife works from home so I needed the caller ID to reflect her name not mine so she called to have it changed. What Verizon did was cut my services for a full day to transfer the account to her name. Why they had to go this route to simply change the caller ID name is beyond me. Anyway, we got our services back and were happy to put that frustration behind us.

Little did I know this was just the start of the worst business dealing with a service provider in my life. Apparently there was a small balance of $51.43 left in the old account. I paid that balance in full. However, that balance was transferred to my new account despite it being paid.

Guess what? ...they cut my services because of that same $51.43. Okay, at this point I'm a little angry but sure that once I point out the billing error this problem would go away. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with billing they told me they transffered the paid balance from the old account to the new account and all should be good.

Guess what? ...they cut my services again because of the same $51.43. (right in the middle of watching a Verizon rented movie) At this point, I'm beyond a little frustrated . I had to pay the same $51.43 to get my services restored until I could call during business hours. After another 45 minutes on the phone with billing, they refunded my $51.43 and assured me this issue would go away.

Guess what? ...they add the same $51.43 back on to my bill and start sending me past due notices.

At this point, I'm ready to through in the towel and switch services. I contacted billing again and asked to speak to a supervisor. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I spoke to a supervisor named Ashley. She was very nasty and did not care two cents about my issues and said I needed to speak to the accounting department. She put me back on hold and when I got to the accounting department she said I had to resolve the issue with the billing department. Are you kidding me???

When I refused to be transferred back to billing she said that she would have her supervisor contact me. I'm not holding my breath that they will call me back. 

What am I to do? Will this issue ever go away? How can a service provider be so horrible to deal with, and why can't they fix such a simple error?

I have recorded every single phone conversation with customer service. If they don't get back with me and resolve this issue once and for all I will be switching services.

Again ...OMG!!! ...what on Earth is going on with Verison and their customer service? 

-Manny

0 Likes
Re: OMG! ..what on Earth is going on with Version?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: OMG! ..what on Earth is going on with Version?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes