Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
countrypfs

ONT BATTERY

oKAY, i AM READY TO GO BACK TO OPTIMUM.. THE ONT IS BEEPING AND BEEPING..CALLED TECH SUPPORT AND ADVISED HAVE HAD FIOS 1 1/2 YEARS THEY SAY I NEED A NEW BATTERY AND TO CALL ANOTHER NUMBER. IF IT HAD BEEN UNDER A YEAR THEY WOULD HAVE REPLACED IT FREE. CALLED THE NEW NUMBER AND THEY WANT $46.00 AND $10.00 TO SHIP THIS TO ME. ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS? i IMMEDIATELY CALLED EVERYONE I KNOW WHO HAS THE FIOS TO INFORM THEM OF WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT..SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING GO BACK TO WHERE I STARTED WITH OPTIMUM, IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHO CAN AFFORT TO SPEND $56.00 EVERY 1 1/2 YEARS. ALSO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE IT SEEMS THESE BATTERIES SHOULD ONLY COST $20-30.00, SO WE GET RIPPED OFF ANYHOW.

Bronze Contributor II
ohpoleez
0 Kudos

Re: ONT BATTERY

Hi, you don't have to purchase the battery online. You can go to any store like Radio Shack and purchase one for much cheaper.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
Contributor
countrypfs

UNFORTUNATELY I TRIED THAT ALSO, BUT SINCE THIS IS A 12 VOLT THAT DON'T CARRY THEM

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT I DO APPRECIATE IT

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

countrypfs wrote:

ALSO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE IT SEEMS THESE BATTERIES SHOULD ONLY COST $20-30.00, SO WE GET RIPPED OFF ANYHOW.

Where online were you looking? Maybe you could purchase the battery from one of those places.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools