Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
countrypfs

ONT BATTERY

oKAY, i AM READY TO GO BACK TO OPTIMUM.. THE ONT IS BEEPING AND BEEPING..CALLED TECH SUPPORT AND ADVISED HAVE HAD FIOS 1 1/2 YEARS THEY SAY I NEED A NEW BATTERY AND TO CALL ANOTHER NUMBER. IF IT HAD BEEN UNDER A YEAR THEY WOULD HAVE REPLACED IT FREE. CALLED THE NEW NUMBER AND THEY WANT $46.00 AND $10.00 TO SHIP THIS TO ME. ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS? i IMMEDIATELY CALLED EVERYONE I KNOW WHO HAS THE FIOS TO INFORM THEM OF WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT..SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING GO BACK TO WHERE I STARTED WITH OPTIMUM, IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHO CAN AFFORT TO SPEND $56.00 EVERY 1 1/2 YEARS. ALSO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE IT SEEMS THESE BATTERIES SHOULD ONLY COST $20-30.00, SO WE GET RIPPED OFF ANYHOW.

Bronze Contributor II
ohpoleez
0 Kudos

Re: ONT BATTERY

Hi, you don't have to purchase the battery online. You can go to any store like Radio Shack and purchase one for much cheaper.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
Contributor
countrypfs

UNFORTUNATELY I TRIED THAT ALSO, BUT SINCE THIS IS A 12 VOLT THAT DON'T CARRY THEM

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT I DO APPRECIATE IT

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

countrypfs wrote:

ALSO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE IT SEEMS THESE BATTERIES SHOULD ONLY COST $20-30.00, SO WE GET RIPPED OFF ANYHOW.

Where online were you looking? Maybe you could purchase the battery from one of those places.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411