ONT beeping, is there a workaround?
mrsmcbling

I've read all I could find on replacing the battery, however if the idea of the backup battery is so that I can still make calls after a power outage for up to 8 +/- hours... I don't need it. I have a cell phone which is always charging at home & will last more than 8 hours. I honestly can't afford the $17 battery right now and the button to silence the alarm does absolutely nothing. This thing is making me lose sleep! I appreciate it's intent, but don't I have a choice? Also, the tech who drilled a hole right next to my bed through my brick to install this box never mentioned what it was let alone that I needed to replace the battery. I don't care where it's written I've been a Verizon phone customer for over 38 yrs and never had the need to read through all the printed material until this noise next to my head started beeping. Is there any way to stop the darn thing until I can order this battery?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200887915122

0 Likes
Re: ONT beeping, is there a workaround?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to replace the battery on that BBU or get a new BBU installed that has updated firmware so that it won't beep.

0 Likes