Problems using Live Chat
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

When I've tried to use Live Chat lately, the screen appears, but it's so far down on my screen that all I can see is the very top of the bar.  I've tried changing my site settings, but that doesn't help.  This happens on both of my computers, in XP and Windows 7.  Is it because I use Firefox?  

(It worked out well today, because I decided to take a chance and telephone instead.  A tech answered the phone immediately, and was very helpful.)

I've had other problems with Live Chat when I've accessed it successfully.  Several times, the connection was lost (although I never have other connection problems - knock on wood); once the whole chat disappeared from the screen before I was able to copy and save it; and once the conversation was cut off at the bottom of the page and I was unable to read it.

Also, I agree with another poster that we should be able to cut and paste in Live Chat.  I've been able to do this on other sites.

Incidentally, I no longer bother trying to ask Verizon anything by e-mail.   In every instance, a few days later I've received an  answer saying that my problem is better addressed by Live Chat or telephone.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems using Live Chat
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Do you have the same troubles using Internet Explorer?

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Do you have the same troubles using Internet Explorer?

AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I think that Firefox may be the problem.  I just tried to open Live Chat on both computers.  The problem was still there on Windows 7, but not on XP.  Then I tried to open it on both of them in IE, and it was fine on both.  I didn't try actually talking with someone, but I assume it would have been okay, at least concerning the location of the screen.

The problem comes and goes, but from now on if I need to use Live Chat and it doesn't work, I'll use IE.  (It's a pain in the neck, but at least IE9 seems better than IE8 - although not as good as IE6, but that's a whole different topic.)

So I'll call this solved.  Thanks!

0 Likes