Pushy, insulting sales reps came to my house
scottcp36
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks ago, a couple of Verizon Fios sales reps knocked on my apartment door.  They were trying to sell me Verizon Fios service, but as I was not interested in changing my service at the moment, and since I work from home some days, I was trying to get some work done, I politely tried to decline.  But these reps were insanely pushy, to the point of being annoying, and they were also insulting.  Basically they give me the schpiel, and then asked what day I would like to make an appointment for the install - not asking me would I like to sign up, or giving me options, no, they pretty much tried to force me to sign up.  When I said "no", they asked how much I pay currently for my Cablevision service, and told me I could save money by switching.  I still declined, and they asked me "why wouldn't you want to pay less?", in a tone that said "are you stupid?".  No, I just don't feel like making a change right now, and I would need to fully research their service before I would commit to signing up for it.  I basically had to close the door on them to force them to leave.  They claimed they were offering discounts that were only available if I signed up right then and there - is this even true?

I might have considered signing up with Fios, until this incident.  Pushy, condescending sales reps are the worst and really portray a bad image for the company.  Verizon, I can't believe you would resort to this sort of marketing.

0 Likes