RE: Contractor cut outside phone lines
RivkaGrimm

Contractor painting the house backed the deck off of the house.  As a result, the outside phone lines were cut.  What is beyond my comprehension is I have one line in one room of the lower level of the house works. All other jacks are dead. How is this so?  And is this my responsibility to repair?  Or, does Verizon cover this?  Thank you in advance for your much appreciated assistance.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: RE: Contractor cut outside phone lines
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that these forums are for customer to help other customers.  If you want help from Verizon, you'll have to contact them using their support channels (phone, chat, support web pages).

Before you do that, you should determine if the problem is inside or outside wiring.  This web page describes the process:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/phone/homephone/general+support/phone+troubleshooting/c...

If the problem is inside your home, it is your responsibility to fix.  If you have a wire maintenance plan, it might be covered.  Contact Verizon and ask.  If you don't have a maintenance plan, you (or your contractor) are responsible to fix it.

If the problem is in the outside wires, Verizon will fix it.  You may be reprehensible because your contractor damaged the wires.

Good Luck

0 Likes