Really poor customer service - remote control replacement
smoothg59
Enthusiast - Level 1

So let me see if I understand this, I have a defective remote control, where the on/off button doesn't respond, and becuase Verizon views it as a "power device"?? they will not replace it free of charge.  Instead I have to pay $15 for a replacement, even though I have only had the device for 16 months.  By the way, my contract expires in 6 months!  Guess what I'm going to do then!!  Very short sighted.

Re: Verizon does not care about its customers
sygone1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you.  They have grown too much and don't about any individual.  My tv remte stopped wrking and want me to buy another one.  It is their equipment and did not suffer any abuse.  Cablevision would just give you a replacement, no questions asked.

remote control replacement
igfrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

wow I pay 400 a month for all verizon services

and  they want to charge me 14.99 for a remote i'm basiclly renting with a set top box..

wow been with them a long time  not for long I will have to call comcast and what they can do for me.

0 Likes
Re: Really poor customer service - remote control replacement
dbergsr

Tell me about it people.  I went round and round with someone on chat.  He said they do not charge rent on the remote.  I said yes you do.  It comes with the box.  What good is the box without it?  I also said the remote has to be returned with the box when, for whatever reason, is being returned.  It says it right on the paperwork to return all accessories, remote, power cord, etc.  They have these customer service agents so brain washed, they forget that they are customers for some company too.  I am so tired of this.  I am thinking about living in a cave with no electronics  🙂

0 Likes
Re: Really poor customer service - remote control replacement
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They used to provide free replacements.

Thought is that too many people abused that and they stopped.
There are a ton of them on eBay (can't imagine how many trucks these accidentally fell off of).

0 Likes