Refunds From Verizon
Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having problems getting a refund from VZ? I have been trying to get a refund from them for over a month now. Customer service (NOT) has been giving me a run around. I have a closed account that I can't seem to get them to issue a refund.

Re: Refunds From Verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Reddawg

Sorry you are having difficulty with getting your refund. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
sheekey29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same issue. Called VZ got run around.. telling me I owe $$ when I don't.. then they send me a bill dated 9/17 stating that is the final bill. I should disregard the bill dated 9/22. Ridiculous , the 9/22 bill reflects my pymnt! and refund.. I then receive bill 10/17 stating refund check to be mailed.. its 10/25 over a week later.. Guess the right choice was made when terminating service. Customer service was my reasoning for cancelling. VZ is confirming I made the right choice. Unbelievable!

Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon still has not ever contacted me. Go figure. I did get a refund and the next week I get a bill for the refund they gave me. They also are turning it over to collections. I am filing a complaint with the Florida Public Service Commission.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Reddawg

Our records show that a Vz agent messaged you on Oct.15. Did you not recieve that?

0 Likes
Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not received any messages or calls.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Reddawg. we'll make sure someone responds.

0 Likes
mentalanguish

A month?  Try over a year. I was widowed in 2010. Called the first time spent 45 minutes setting up everything to be transferred in my name. It never happened. So I kept getting these bills and after the service was finally changed I kept getting a late notice. I was sending payment after payment unbeknownst to me to the wrong account.  I had already deleted the bill payer info off my bank account so when I kept getting bills in my husband's name I pulled out an old bill and entered in the account info so I could pay it. Well I sent two payments to this wrong account (It was an old account prior to the last one my husband had). After several months and several frustrating phone calls being bounced around to any and every dept at Verizon (One time bounced 7 times) I finally got one refund of $304. I am STILL  waiting on the other one. Literally no lie- I have called about 10 times each call totalling about 45 minutes on average.  I am near tears and have even contacted the FCC to try to have someone resolve this issue. I pay my bill every month on time even after their subcontractors cut our light lines in front of our condo when digging for fios costing me an $800 assessment fee, even after they did not switch service to my name after the first time I asked them to, even after they switched the service but didn't hook up my dvr or wireless card.  The service departments are beyond anything I have ever experienced anywhere ever! It's my money. I have spent hours and hours onthe phone trying to get it back. I get all kinds of different answers.  I don't know when it will ever end. And unfortunately their only competetor in the marketplace is about the same. I don't know where to turn for help anymore.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mentalanguish

We are sorry you are having such a problem with this. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

mentalanguish,

I've sent you a PM to gather some additional details.  Please respond to me when you can.

-adam.

0 Likes