Remove router rental fee off the bill after buying own router
Koreets
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a hard time dealing with VZ accounting dept to get rental fee removed from the account.

I bought used Actiontec router (Verizon branded) and have been using it for months since returning the router which was leased, however i am still being charged a rental fee every month.

I have a copy of return shipping label as a proof that router was sent/delievered back to VZ parts depot.

I've been calling accouting dept every month to get this taken care of... Besides one time credits the charge is still there.

Anyone else have been in similar situation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remove router rental fee off the bill after buying own router
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Koreets,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Koreets,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
djgibber

I'm having the same type of issue. I turned off the WiFi in my Verizon modem and I'm now using an Asus RT-AC68U Wireless Router for my home network. Customer service is telling me that I still have pay the router rental fee of $4.99 regardless of whether I'm using my own router or not. I've spoken with two customer services reps who both told me the same thing.I don't understand why I have to pay a monthly rental fee for something I'm not using.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello djgibber

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Yvonne21

I have the same issue.  I bougt my router from Amazon but Verizon keept charging me.  I went to Verizon store and I called several times but never got resolved.  Last week, the support changed my service.  But it still not resolved.  Verizon asked me to return the router I bought.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Yvonne2 wrote:

I have the same issue.  I bougt my router from Amazon but Verizon keept charging me.  I went to Verizon store and I called several times but never got resolved.  Last week, the support changed my service.  But it still not resolved.  Verizon asked me to return the router I bought.

Hi Yvonne2,

Did you previously have a rental router that you returned to Verizon?

0 Likes
Yvonne21

Yes.  I had a rental one and returned the rental after I activated mine.  I went to the store and they checked serial number.  The one one the bill is the one I purchased.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Yvonne2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dennisk4

I have the same problem. Verizon told me I had to supply the router for the installation. So I bought one at Amazon. I gave it to the technician during the install, and everything is working great. The the next day I got an email from Verizon saying that during the installation they noticed I had a router and they were going to have to charge me rent for it. We contaced a Verizon rep via phone and he saw the problem, but so far he has been unable to resolve it. This is flat-out fraud, but I thought I try to solve it through whatever passes as a system at Verizon.

0 Likes