Repeatedly Lied to and Terrible Customer Service
JBrownie27

I don't even know where to start this because my experience with verizon has been such a mess.  I have been a customer for a year now and I'm so unhappy with the customer service.  I previously had comcast and always had problems with the product but on the other hand, I received great customer service by reps that could actually help.  Now that I have verizon I rarely have a problem but when I do, the customer service makes me feel like I should cancel my contract immediately.  

One of my issues is miniscule but such a hassle! I got married a year ago and the service is under my maiden name.  I have no joke, called to change my name 4 times!  At this point I don't care but the last rep I spoke to took 30 minutes just to pull up my account because none of the information matched.  I have to give both last names each time and its still such a headache.

The main issue, besides weekend ondemand outages, is my bill.  I called a month before my 1 year was up to find out what I could do to avoid my bill increasing from promotions ending.  I spoke to a really nice man that gave me the exact date to call and told me they'd be able to help me out if I called that specific day. Thats what I did, 3 times.  The first guy was so useless its not even worth explaining.  He started asking me what channels I used and nonsense that didn't relate at all to my bill (I have the lowest channel package already).  That was a 45 minute discussion that solved nothing.  I decided to call back later on when I had more time and spoke to a girl (it sounded like Anna Lise) who repeatedly put me on hold, told me she might be able to help me but instead of looking into it, she transferred me to the "Elite Team."  Well, they were not in so she transferred me to a line where no one would be able to help me.  It routed me back to them where I had to wait again to speak to someone.  The next guy put me on hold after saying he'd be able to help me and in fact hung up on me! It rereouted me to the initial prompts and I waited, without exaggerating, 45 minutes.  I took my husbands phone and called too and that one picked up after 10 minutes.  This portion of the evening took over an hour and I still hadn't spoken to someone who pulled up my account!  When I finally reached someone it took him 30 minutes just to pull up my account.  He asked, my address, my phone, my account, my birthday, my name, my email and STILL NOTHING.  It is so frustrating that verizon can't update my information!  He then told me he couldn't do anything and to try the elite team.  Great, so glad I wasted over 3 hours of my day to be a loyal customer to a company that doesn't provide anywhere near average customer service.

I don't know which is worse but I am considering paying the cancellation fee to switch to another provider.  How is this kind of service acceptable?

0 Likes
Re: Repeatedly Lied to and Terrible Customer Service
naive1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had very bad experience with Verizon service too. I subscribe the triple service for $69/month since  Jan, 2013. in  80 days my bill is add up to over $400. I called VZ over 20 times and Direct TV 10 times. Problems are not solved. My service was interrupted. Where can I file complain? VZ consumer services are terrible.

New comers, don't be trick by their low price!!

Customers, we should all send complain to a powerful organization. Any suggestion?

AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi naive and JBrownie27,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.
0 Likes
kjw0606
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have been repeatedly lied to. I upgraded my internet service to meet the requirements for a position that I took. I needed email verification that I have a POTS telephone line and what my internet speeds are. I received the email immediately about the POTS telephone line but not the email for the internet. I contacted verizon 2x and was told they would send that email right away. Surprise! I never received this. This is a requirement for my job. We believe we will be cancelling all of our services with Verizon due to this horrible customer service. P.S. I am a Customer Service Manager and this would never be tolerated.

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

kjw0606

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Horrible experience trying to pay my bill
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

JBrownie27,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Likes