Reward Card
johnleddy1

I want to note that Verizon sends out a Reward card that id labrlled DEBIT, which may not be used as a DEBIT card, but only as a CREDIT card..  This is typical of the  clueless, totally impersonal world they live in.

0 Likes
Re: Reward Card - Money Spends, I Think
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@johnleddy1 wrote:

I want to note that Verizon sends out a Reward card that id labrlled DEBIT, which may not be used as a DEBIT card, but only as a CREDIT card..  This is typical of the  clueless, totally impersonal world they live in.

You appear unaware that this is standard terminology with gift and reward cards.  It's pretty much industry-wide.

These cards are in fact not credit cards at all, but limited value debit cards.  Real credit cards are by definition devices that allow the user to spend on "credit" with predefined credit limits.  Gift cards of the sort issued by Verizon are nothing of the sort.  The user presents the card at checkout and the system determines the remaining value.  This method has nothing to do with standard credit cards. 

As an aside, what difference does it make anyway?  The last time I checked money was still fungible.