Richboro PA Verizon Store & iPhone 5S
AP655
Horrible service. When I arrived I was told all 5S' had been sold out. I opted for an iPhone 5. While waiting to pay, the sales rep kept saying 'excuse me a minute. My buddy keeps texting to find out how to get here. I saved him a 5S." Meanwhile, a father and 2 sons entered and the sales rep proceeded to play w/the kid's 5C. Father asked 'Any 5S' available?' Rep said 'well...maybe 1 left in the back if u want it.' I have 1 for my buddy, 1 for me & 1 in the back." He then lifted the 2 'saved' 5S' from behind the counter to boast. the father said, "okay. ill wait over here for you." and sat on the couch to watch tv with his sons. After enduring 20 minutes of their banter I asked 'thought u didn't have any left?' Rep says 'Oh I was just kidding him.' It took 1 full HOUR 2 get outta that store. When I got home, I decided I didn't want the iPhone 5 & would wait to purchase a 5S. I drove back to the store and was told it would cost me 70.00 to return the phone I purchased 45 minutes prior. So, I was FORCED to keep the phone. I asked for data to be transferred to my new phone and the reps were unable to do so due to faulty PCs and connector wires. This particular rep kept insisting my old iPhone was broken. I kept insisting he try another connector wire or another PC. After 10 agonizing minutes, the rep FINALLY tried the other PC and lo and behold, my 'broken' phone was working. Yet-the original rep who sold me the iPhone 5 was using it for another customer.
I was told to come back Monday(this was Friday-09/20/13). Horrible service, rude reps, faulty equipment and reps who hog all the phones for themselves & friends FIRST.
Shame on Verizon. I will never visit this store again & I urge everyone reading this to do the same. Verizon charging 70.00 right AFTER I purchased the phone to return it?? I was never informed of this fee-was only told "you have up to 2 weeks to return it if you don't want it." Absolutely POOR service & insulted as a customer
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Richboro PA Verizon Store & iPhone 5S
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just so you know, these boards are for Verizon's fixed residential products (FiOS, DSL, POTS).  Verizon Wireless is a whole different business and a whole 'nother web site.  If you want to share your experience with other wireless uses, go here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/

Who knows if this will change now that Verizon bought back their share in Verizon Wireless from Vodaphone, but for now they remain two separate businesses.

As to your iPhone problem, the best way to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one is iCloud.  Works way better than most in store systems.  Heck, even the Apple store tells you to use iCloud.  Just be sure you do an iCloud backup of your old phone first.

Good Luck.

0 Likes