Ridiculous Renewal Pricing
tjonathan
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are not alone my friend, there's an army of us.

It is an abhorrent business practice that Verizon uses to attract new customers with ridiculously low prices, by jacking up prices by 60% or more on existing customers. Additionally, after paying the "RENTAL" price of all the Verizon equipment in your package, you have more than paid for them. After the initial two years of "RENTAL" those fees become a huge profit center for Verizon. It would be wonderful if a company manufactured the same equipment as Verizon and sold it to consumers. However, Verizon would then charge a fee of $10 or $20 per month for line transmission or some other wacky name for a product. They use a predatory pricing to sign people up and then after two years, abuse them with unbelievable price hikes.

A terrible business plan to reward loyal renewing customers. Abysmal customer retention policies, simply abysmal.

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous Renewal Pricing
johneboy

my problem is similar to yours, yet differant. I was quoted for my new customer triple play at less than $145.00. Thank has never happened. I have been billed since than every month since July 2014 much more. EVERY MONTH since then I have called to get it straightened out but their {please keep your posts courteous} that answer the bill give me off the wall excuses and say they will look into it. I was given a conformation number from their contractor people who get you to sign up. that seemed to get some attention from them and said they will have a SUPERVISOR get in touch with me within one hour from the conclusion of the phone call. THAT WAS 3 MONTHS AGO AND NO CALL. They now say I have over two hundred in late charges. They are a switch and bait company, they suck.

johneboy

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous Renewal Pricing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi johneboy,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes