Re: Security Deposit Refund
rmeggert

I was mistakenly charged a $250 security deposit when I signed up for Fios Internet and Cable. I called to straighten the issue out, talked to a nice man named Harold who told me that the reason I was charged was because of a credit score issue. I told him I have excellent credit (I just checked it), and he told me that he would be able to look into the issue more. He gave me an issue #{edited for privacy} and I was told I would be contacted within a week. A week passed, and I called back again and they said I would be contacted when the issue had been looked into. Now it has been several months, still no contact. Please help me!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rmeggert,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dhong1

Is there no formal way of getting a deposit refunded? I too had a $250 deposit associated with opening a new service and did not realize I would have to jump through all these hoops to get my money back. The deposit is not reflected in my myverizon account and I can't even tell where I'm supposed to contact to get my money refunded. 

Please advise.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dhong,

Have you spoken with a Verizon representative about a refund of the security deposit?  Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
illgoogleit

Hey,

I've been having the exact same issue. I opened my account in Oct 2012. It wasn't a yearly plan it was a month to month because at that time my family wasn't sure if they were staying at the place they were living. I was told i'll receive it back when I closed my account. Okay fine. Put down the deposit what have you. Then I moved out of that house but my parents stayed so I kept the cable in my name. Well came time for them to move. My lovely mother (sarcasim) decided she wasn't going to pay the bill the last two months. I only found out bc the bills were coming to my new apartment and when I would receive them I would give them to her. So I paid the remaining balance on what she owed which was like $400 dollars on top of having to track her down to get back the equipment bc they were going to charge me $1500 for that. Anyway, I paid it off and returned the equipment. They told me that once I did that I would receive the deposit. Great. So some time goes by and nothing. I call them up spoke to a few different people and they said they would mail out a check okay. Never got the check a few weeks go by I call again. Talk to one guy who said I want to get your money back ill put in a request and once I hear back I will call you then saying he would call that friday regardless to find out what's going on. Never got a call. That was in the begining of April. It is now September and still nothing. They did say if the account I had orginally put it down with was closed they would tried three times before they sent a check. I think its been more than enough time. I also received a $34 dollar refund for what I have no idea, It was a credit on my last bill and it got deposit into my old account no problem. Now when I call they are always closed and theres no other way to get ahold of anyone and they are not open on the weekend when I'm not working. I just want my money back. I'm a young woman living with her boyfriend of a very long time and every penny counts. It sucks

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello illgoogleit

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
VA9

Hi,

I have the same issue here. I closed my account last July and still haven't gotten my $250 security deposit back. Despite of the assurance that the money would be refunded soon, I still have not gotten or heard anything. Please escalate this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you called Verizon and asked about it?

0 Likes
VA9

Of course. I made multiple phone calls like everybody else here. I was put on hold and transferred to various departments. I really do not want to make another phone call and wait more than one hour just to be connected to right department!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi VA

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes