Re: Security Deposit Refund
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello PauloS

We will have an agent reach out to you as well, either by email or private message.

0 Likes
skyla316

I am dealing with this as well. Trying to get my $100 deposit back just isnt working. Nobody on the phone will help. One woman actually laughed. I of course will log my complaint with the BBB like everyone else should be doing among other things. It's a scam to steal your money. Verizon isnt giving it back. Im all over social media letting people know that nobody will send my my deposit back. It's been over a year already, Im fed up

0 Likes
DianaBC

I have been trying to obtain my refund of $250 for my security deposit on an order that Verizon canceled due to electrical box issues since July 2014. I was told to start a new order online when trying to establish the service I have now. I asked then about my deposit and was told I would have to either get my credit checked or pay another $250 and the original $250 would be refunded. I thought that would be a mess (and here we are with a mess!) so I allowed a credit check.

I have been calling since July to get the original $250 back and everyone says someone will call me within 2 days or call back. Same story every time. Again today. I call and am transferred from customer service to financial services then back to customer service. No one will do anything. So wish I would have filed a report with my credit card company. I wait on hold to get an agent and they just send me in circles with a promise to call back and resolve it right away. Not sure where to go from here other than not pay my current service bill.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello DianaBC

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
ppez84

I am having the same issue.  I had to pay a $250 security deposit back in March 2014 and was told it would be refunded after 3 months.  It has now been 9 months without a refund and customer service has not helped resolve this!  This is outrageous

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ppez84

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
mkcdisp02

I have had the same issues. I was charged a security deposit when trying to upgrade from FiOS internet to Verizon double play. The order was then cancelled because the price could not be honored when it came to actually doing the install. But my deposit has not been refunded. I am getting the same run around from various phone reps. These predatory practices should be reported to FCC.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mkcdisp02,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
SL2343

Hi, I have the same issue too. I was told that I will get my security deposit back after 6 months of service when I sign up for the service. However, I didn't receive any refund so far. Can someone please help? Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SL2343,

Have you contacted Verizon support about the status of your deposit?  It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes