Re: Security Deposit Refund
Jenvw1

When can I be expected to get my security deposit back? I have had service since December 2014?

0 Likes
jdm2177
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I called and called verizon on 4 separate occassions and each time I've been assured that I will receive the return of my deposit but I never do. This is a horrible game being played against customers and it seems the only way to get Verizon is to file an FCC complaint. I've kept detailed notes on all the calls and below is the latest exchange that happened on 3/2/15: 

1. Called 1-800-verizon, on hold, spoke with a rep who said I had to talk to another dept, 
  2. was then transferred to {edited for privacy} where the rep there said I speak with another dept, 
  3. was  trasnferred back to 1-800-verizon where after literally an hour on the phone and insisting on speaking with a supervisor, a person named "Mr. Jones"  called me back from a cell phone {edited for privacy} and gave me Ref #{edited for privacy} as proof that he submitted the refund of deposit. 

Mr. Jones acknowledged that my deposit should have been returned by now and that he would ensure it would happen. That was over a month ago. I explained that they should issue a check to me or credit my account instead of trying to do an ACH credit to the account used when I opened the account because it was no longer open since I moved to a different State. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jdm2177,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
jdm2177
Enthusiast - Level 2
Day 1: No one from Verizon has contacted me regarding this. All email spam folders checked. Nothing.

I don't understand how Verizon gets away with this but after 15 months of this, countless phone calls and promises from agents, I have filed an FCC complaint.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It can take two business days for a reply.

0 Likes
jdm2177
Enthusiast - Level 2

Day 8: No phone call or email about this issue. This is really outrageous. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for that note. We will contact them again.

0 Likes
chernandez2313

So this is seriuously a thing? Verizon sure is quick to charge money from its customers but when it comes to giving a refund they make you jump through all sorts of hoops. I cancelled my account after a week of service and called to find out when I would receive my $200 deposit back. I was informed it would take 30 to 60 days to receive a check in the mail. Its been well over that time and I havent received anything. I called to find out the status of my refund and what do you know they cant find my deposit. I have it in my bank statement so it was definitely charged by Verizon. They gave me a reference number after 15 minutes of waiting and said they would call me back after a few hour, what a surprise it was when no one called. Called back and got transferred between different departments and waiting over 30 minutes until it was 6pm and the offices were closed. What do I have to do to get my deposit back?!?!?!? Do I have to post the terrible service on every social media to get some attention? Post on every forum to have someone find out why this is taking so long? Maybe take a day off of work and stay on the phone all day long until I get some answers on why I still dont have my deposit back! 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi chernandez2313,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
SClarke1
Dealing with the same issue, have been a loyal customer for over a year without service interruption. I was promised when I signed up I would get back my deposit of $250 easy, this has not happened
0 Likes