Service Outage
Tinare
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I have been without TV, home phone and internet since Saturday afternoon.  There is a apparently a service outage in my area due to a cut cable or something.  (Getting that much information was an hours long ordeal...) Anyway, my question is, will Verizon adjust my bill so that I am not paying fees for days that they are unable to provide me with service?  How do you compensate customers when you are unable to deliver?

0 Likes
Re: Service Outage
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon does not generally pro-actively credit accounts, but if you call Billing, they should be able to give you a credit. I highly advise making sure Tech Support has put a ticket on your account to document the time that your have been without service so there is something to reference, though.

Tinare
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  I did open a ticket which makes checking on the status easier.  It said this morning that it was scheduled to be fixed by 1:45 this afternoon (after previous messages said Sunday at 9:45pm and Sunday at 4:45am...) and it now says by tomorrow at 5:00-something am.  I'll call billing once we're back up, but this is a long time to be without anything.  I often work from home and now don't have that option without internet access.  

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you have a mobile device download the My Fios mobile app and you will get updates on your outage. My neighbor cut the fiber cable digging a new foundation. I was out for 7 days and the billing department gave me a credit when I called in.

0 Likes