• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
Zeus212
0 Kudos

Set Top Box Does Not Display Time

I just got my new service installed yesterday and I realized the HD set top boxes does not display time or channel. Is this normal, if it is that sucks! 

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
tns
0 Kudos

Re: Set Top Box Does Not Display Time

The latest model Motorola down not have a display.  The earlier Motorola models STB ,DVRs, and CISCO models all display time.

Gold Contributor VII
Smith6612
0 Kudos

As pointed out above, if you have a newer Motorola Set top Box (the Black, small units or otherwise) they do not give the time. Most people, despite the missing clock would rather have the newer boxes with the new IMG updates over those old Motorola units anyways.

========
The first to bring me 1Gbps Fiber for $30/m wins!
Gold Contributor I
lasagna
Plan: Prime HD 50/25

[ Edited ]

I agree with Smith6612 ... I'd take a smaller form factor over having the channel/time display any day -- it shows up on the screen when you're changing channels and you can always hit the info button if you want to see it for some other reason.   I've always found the glowing bright yellow/white/orange digits to be a distraction when watching a movie in a darkened room.

As for the time ... well, I have one of those old-school clock thingy's hanging on the wall for that.  :smileywink:

YMMV

Silver Contributor V
armond_in_nj
0 Kudos

Smithh6612 wrote: " ...if you have a newer Motorola Set top Box (the Black, small units or otherwise) they do not give the time. Most people, despite the missing clock would rather have the newer boxes with the new IMG updates over those old Motorola units ... "

I was under the impression that the "new IMG updates" were available on most of the older STBs (the QIP7232, for example) via a software update.  Is this not the case?

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
tns
0 Kudos

I think he meant that supported all the new IMG features.  6xxx boxes don't.

Note the newer box was also meant to be greener and so it loses the display and uses less power. For some reason the newer DVR kept the display, although it uses less power than the prevous model. 

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools