Status of FIOS deployment in Port Potomac HOA in Woodbridge, VA
darkprime
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been told by numerous people within the HOA of my community (Port Potomac in Woodbridge, VA) for the past year that FIOS would be expanded from the front of our community to the rest of it.  Why it only was installed in one part initially, I haven't a clue.  Anyways, it wasn't until February of this year that the HOA and Verizon (specifically Verizon South) agreed on an easement to continue installation.  No one however knows where the plans are and when FIOS will be made available.  I have called countless numbers/departments within Verizon, and everyone "claims" there's no way to reach whatever department would be in charge of rolling out more service.  Is there anyone that can help me find out what the status is?  I hate my comcast service and need to know when FIOS will be available, less I have no choice but to lock into a 2 year contract with them. 

0 Likes
Re: Status of FIOS deployment in Port Potomac HOA in Woodbridge, VA
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no way to see future FIOS buildouts. Even if there was access to that information, Verizon would be unable to comment on any future deployment due to possible changes or hold backs. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. You can get on an email list to notify you when available. You do that by going to this link, clicking on the link saying "Can I get FIOS" , then at the end put in your email address to be notified when available.

http://www22.verizon.com/home/shop/shopping.htm?CMP=BAC-SNTWTVZSHOP

0 Likes
Re: Status of FIOS deployment in Port Potomac HOA in Woodbridge, VA
darkprime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, but I am already on such lists.  Last year when I had spoken with a representive from executive account services, I had been given a number to call for such a status, but cannot find it.  I've been searching for such a number to no avail.  I do believe such a number exists despite what you say.

I'm not looking to get a specific day that installation would occur, I'm merely trying to find out if first of all, are they still on track to provide service this year.

0 Likes