Sterling, VA - Verizon Customers
AndySterling
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am looking for customers who are experiencing poor service and reliability in and around the TransDulles center in Sterling, VA.  We are experiencing repeated outages, service interruptions, and poor quality of service.  This most commonly occurs when it rains.  I have contacted other tenants who  use Verizon in the area and are also experiencing problems with their phone lines.  

If you are experiencing problems with your service, please call Verizon and let them know you are not the only one in the business park with problems because of the rain.  This has affected our Analog service and DSL service.  

Thanks,

Andy

0 Likes
Re: Sterling, VA - Verizon Customers
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 Even If you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from your modem and you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
AndySterling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the help.  

This issue is with the analog phone lines.  

Verizon has investigated and claims there is no problem on their end.  

Here are the facts:

i.) Customers attempt to call into our facility and cannot connect through one line.  

ii.) The line rings and then disconnects.  

iii.) This issue reoccurs whenever there is heavy or prolonged rain.

iv.) The issue clears when the weather drys out.  The phone system works normally.  

v.) Other lines are not affected and the system appear to be working fine. 

vi.) Multiple tennants at other buildings experience problems at the same time.

vii.) There is a history of failing cable pairs associated with this cable/area.  

viii.) Cable boxes are frequently left open to the elements.  

So thanks for reading.  

0 Likes
AndySterling
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the record, since the rain has stopped on Tuesday and Verizon did their inspection of the cabling, we have had no issues with our phone lines or system.