Stop ripping people off with the BBU
kristinbrooklyn

I am extremely unhappy with Verizon - especialy the BBU. It is constantly beeping even after ordering a new battery less than 4 months ago. When I call Verizon to help remedy the problem, I have to sit through at least 15 minutes of automated service to finally reach a live customer service person. Apparently, my BBU is not in the database; therefore, the tech person basically cannot help me. Most recently, the tech person told me my battery cover will come off just by me pushing it open even though I told him it is impossible because the unit is secured by screws. After 10 minutes of him telling me that I should not unscrew the unit, he put me on hold only to later come back and say I should unscrew it. Verizon is one of the worst companies out there. The only reason I use them is because my apartment building offers no other cable/internet service. I would NEVER use Verizon if given the choice, and I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend it to anyone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stop ripping people off with the BBU
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of the BBU can just be opened, others may have some sort of screw.

Disconnect the battery and you should be able to permanently silence the beeping.

Re: Stop ripping people off with the BBU
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The BBU beeps when either the battery is not installed or it is dead. The only BBU that has a screw is the original one they started with which is not used anymore. The newer BBUs all open by either sliding or depressing the covers.