TV Issues
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am rather new to FiOS and I am having two issues with my FiOS TV.

1) ON several channels there is a line of white noise/static at the top of the screen.  It almost looks like the picture is a few pixel woen from where it should be and it is fillng in the top line of two with the white noise.  I see no pattern or logic as to whne it happens or on what channels it happens.  Is there somehitng I can do to celar this up?

2) Oftern as I am watching TV (with w STB or digital convertor) the screen will freeze for several seconds almost alwyas it will unfreeze in 5-10 seconds but I lose those sends of the show I ma watching.  I have once or twice had to shut off the box and TV then wait a bit and turn them both back on to unfreeze things.  Anyone know what the issue may be and how I reslove it?

0 Likes
Re: TV Issues
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@ImNotDave wrote:

I am rather new to FiOS and I am having two issues with my FiOS TV.

1) ON several channels there is a line of white noise/static at the top of the screen.  It almost looks like the picture is a few pixel woen from where it should be and it is fillng in the top line of two with the white noise.  I see no pattern or logic as to whne it happens or on what channels it happens.  Is there somehitng I can do to celar this up?

2) Oftern as I am watching TV (with w STB or digital convertor) the screen will freeze for several seconds almost alwyas it will unfreeze in 5-10 seconds but I lose those sends of the show I ma watching.  I have once or twice had to shut off the box and TV then wait a bit and turn them both back on to unfreeze things.  Anyone know what the issue may be and how I reslove it?

Good Morning. I am sorry that you are having troubles with th service so soon. Hopefully these answers will help you

1) This is an overscan issue. Check the settings for your HD TV and make sure the overscan is set to be turned on.

2) The freezing of the picture is a signal issue. If this is simply happening on only one TV set, its remedied most of the time by unscrewing the coax cord from both ends that go from the wall to the set top box. Make sure the pins are straight and clean of oxidation, then screw both back on firmly. If this is happening on all TV's, the problem could be happening at many different places. The only one you have access to is the main coax splitter in your home. Unscrew the incoming feed of the splitter and make sure the tip is straight and clean of oxidation. Screw it back on

If you are continuing to have issues, please reply back so we can try to assist further.

0 Likes