Terrible Customer Service/Sales Reps
mikecat1

I was always under the impression that Verizon had top notch sales reps and customer service. Oh how I was mistaken!

I was recently called by my parents asking me to look at their Verizon bill because it was over $200 a month. Well when I took a look at it I saw that they were sold a 75 MB internet plan and 300+ channel TV plan, along with a (suprisingly!) reasonable phone plan. 75 MB for one laptop can only handle 54 Mbps (Wireless G)! I am a developer with a laptop that can handle 105 Mbps (Wireless N) and I only have the 15 MB plan. Also 300+ channels for someone who only asked for HGTV and Investigation Discovery, really? Because those channels are on your 225 channel plan. I lowered their Ineternet speeds to 15 MB, like my own, and lowered the channels down to 225, again like my own. That saved them a whopping $40. $40, really! The only difference between their plan and mine is that they have home phone and that they have a two year contract and I signed up with a no contract plan. So you're telling me that it costs $80 more a month to have a two year contract and home phone service. I couldn't believe it so I called customer service. When I call the customer service reps. they all tell me that there is nothing that they can do and to call the disconnect department because they can work with me more. So I call the disconnect department expressing my displeasure and letting them know that they are about to lose two customers they ask for the account number and about two minutes later I am told that my parents service has been disconnect and what is my account number. Ha! Some help they are. A great way to treat a customer that has been loyal to you for over five years and got me to sign up with you.

So if that is the game you want to play, fine. I'll be more than happy to take my parents business and my business over to Comcast at the end of the billing cycle. My parents can barely afford to pay their medication. I'll be glad to switch them and myself over to Comcast. They may not let you cancel, but at least they do their damndest to work with you to keep you business—not just tell you that there is nothing they can do and that they cannot creidt your account for the unscruplous practices from sales reps (even though years prior you were able to credit their account for the bullcrap Internet Essentials package that a sales rep. sold them even though they had their own anti-virus software, which is much better than the crap that you offer, for onlu $20 a month).

Buyers be ware, Verizon is only out to get your business—

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service/Sales Reps
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service/Sales Reps
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could be of help to you, mikecat!

Let us know if there's anything else you need by posting in this thread.

Best,

Art

0 Likes