Terrible Transfer Experience - 10+ hours with bad customer service
MikeInBethesda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a Verizon Fios customer for 3 years. For the most part service has been good, though there were a few instances where I've lost internet and cable for no apparent reason for a few days here and there. However, my experience with Verizon Fios over the past few days has been a nightmare. I called Verizon a few weeks ago to tell them that I was moving from an apartment on the 5th floor of my building to an apartment on the 7th floor in the same building. Additonally, I wanted to sign a 2-year contract for phone, tv, and internet. This process went smoothily and my service to my old apartment was to be cut off on 8/10/2012 while the same day my new apartment went get the Triple-play deal on the same day (8/10/2012).

The day finally arrives and Verizon goes 1 for 2 by shutting off my old apartment service (at 6am no less) while not activating my new service. I was told that a servicemen was to be sent between 1pm-5pm. At 4:00pm I call Tech support to check on the status of my order, and they tell me that there are "engineering problems" in my building and there are not enough "ports" for my service, but that a technician is on his way; he's just running late. 6:30pm rolls in and still no contact from a technician or anyone. I call again, 45 minute wait, talk to another support person who tells me the techician is still coming; just running late. It's now 10pm and I call Tech support again. I get tossed around from department to department (Tech Support, Sales, Fiber-Optic installation) and finally I'm told that the "engineering problem" will be resolved in the morning 8/12/2012.

The next morning, 8/12/2012, 11am, no contact at all so I call Tech Support again, 35 minute wait. They now tell me that no technician will be coming out because there's a "serious engineering problem" and they try to schedule me for 8/16/2012. I say that's unacceptable, and that I need a technician out that day (8/12/2012). My customer support puts me on hold for 20 minutes, comes back on the phone, only to hang up on me. I stop trying to call Tech support, and head out of my building around 4pm and right in front of my building is a Fios technician. He says that he's there for another apartment! I ask him about the "serious engineering problems" they're having in my building. He has no idea what I'm talking about and when asked if he'd take a look at our apartments connection, he declines. So at this point, I know I've previously been lied to about my techinical issues and that they couldn't send out a technician until 8/16/2012.

Extremely frustrated, I call customer service tech support again, 45 minute wait, and I talk to Michele who tells me that my order is still pending (yea I figured that) but that it's in the system as only phone and TV, no internet! So it just keeps getting better! She fixes the order to reflect tv, phone, internet and and then connects me to Fios "elite" customer service, to reschedule my technician appointment, and to talk about compensation (first mention of this). I talk to Carolyn{edited for privacy} (SP?) at Elite customer service and she says she is talking to dispatch to get a technician out that day 8/12/2012. I get put on hold for 40 minutes and then Carolyn comes back on the phone to say that she'll give me a call back when a technician has been dispatched. I give her my cell number and say goodbye. Hours go by and no call back. I call back customer service, immediately ask for "elite" customer service. I get put in touch with Ms. C{edited for privacy}. I ask to be put in touch with Carolyn, but Ms. C{edited for privacy} has no idea who I'm talking about.  I tell Ms. C{edited for privacy} my story (pretty angrily at this point). I request that she tell me the employee numbers of the people that have worked on my account the past couple of days so that I can make a formal complaint. Ms. C{edited for privacy} tells me my account has only been notated once (the 10pm call I made on 8/10/2012). Ms. C{edited for privacy} offers to reschedule my technican but offers first again 8/16/2012. I say no way, and then she offers me 8/12/2012. I accept reluctantly.  I also inquire about the compensation Carolyn mentioned, and Ms. C{edited for privacy} says that she can't discuss that until installation is complete. Ms. C{edited for privacy} says she'll call me Monday (8/13/2012) to make sure installation went accordingly I ask Ms. C{edited for privacy} for a direct line of contact so I can call her. She gives me the number 443-436-3954. I ask her "Are you sure this is a direct line and I won't be on hold for 45 mintues". She says of course. Turns out this number is a voice mailbox number and doesn't put me in touch with anyone.

Sunday 8/13/2012 rolls around. Our techinican shows up on time (hallelujah!!). Lloyd, our technician, is the first Verizon Fios representative who's on top of his stuff. He quickly deduces that the "serious engineering problem" was simply that the people that lived in the apartment before us did not cancel their subscription. Therefore, they were taking up the "port" we needed for service. Lloyd does his job, and in under 2.5 hours. We have TV and internet, but no phone because Lloyd's technical support needs to do some things on their end.

So the tally at the end of this awful expereience:

1) 10+ hours of calling customer service, tech support, fiber optic installation, sales, and "elite" customer service.

2) Over 5 hours of wait time.

3) Spoke with 12-15 representatives with 3-4 different stories for my problem.

4) Complete failure of communication from Fios.

5) TV and internet installed 2 days late

6) Phone still uninstalled

7) Too many lies to count

I am debating if I should just switch at this point, but I'm not sure if Verizon will penalize me (like they haven't done enough already!) . Anyone know if there's a grace period at which to cancel without penalty? Also Moderators, can you please have someone from your "super duper elite" customer service call me cause this issue is still not resolves and I still need to file a formal complaint either with your corporate office or my state business bureau.

Exhausted,

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Transfer Experience - 10+ hours with bad customer service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes