They just can't fix it
longtime123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having internet conectivity issues since the begining of April. I have called tech support to many times to count. each time they assure me that they will fix the problem in 24-48 hours or by a certain date. They do get it to work intermitently but only for an hour or two. I have tried talking to supervisors but they can only assure me it will get fixed. I'm wondering if there are any others having simalar problems and if there is any legal action that can be taken, after all I do have a contract with them to provide this service. I think that there should be some recourse that can be taken that doesn't involve me having to call them nightly and endure their long hold times and music (if you can call it that) on hold. each call is always at least 45 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: They just can't fix it
novauser
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be helpful to get a more detailed explanation of your connectivity issues, as in my experience there are myriad potential sources for such problems.  Most of the time when I have had service drops it's been a modem-related issue, typically resolved by turning off the modem, waiting 15-20 seconds, and then restarting.  On occasion, I've rebooted my PC; sometimes it has required both actions.  These fixes work mid- to long-term, though they never eliminate outages.

If you are using an Action Tec router, you may be dealing with a faulty one.  Frankly, the standard Verizon residential router is VERY basic and not particularly good quality; few if any residential customers get the top-line ActionTec Wireless-N router in our area, though sometimes Verizon can be persuaded to provide a router with it if pressed (and you seem to have a good reason for pressing).  When we first subscribed to FIOS, our first router failed pretty quickly after installation.  Symptoms were repeated loss of connection and, finally, no connection at all.  Verizon support was able to verify that the router was the problem and sent a replacement by next-day UPS with a prepaid return label for the old one.  Yes, there was a pretty long wait for tech support, and then the usual "try this, try that" workthrough.  In fairness, technicians need to work with you to diagnose the problem.

Once you are speaking with an actual human being, our experience has been pretty good.  Most recently, we lost TV and internet service following some electrical work on our house.  After trying various resets, the tech was able to determine that the source of the problem was neither the router nor the cable connections.  He rebooted the entire system remotely and it started right back up.  Yes, it took 90 minutes plus time to get through the tree to a real person, but he was pleasant, persistent, and ultimately successful in resolving the problem.

Good luck!

0 Likes
novauser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whoops!  Reference to "modem" should have been to "router" in first paragraph.  Sorry!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

OP are you on DSL, FIOS or Verizon Wireless (Cell Phone) ??

0 Likes