Third time the charm maybe? Can't upgrade online still
dgwhite01
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have been trying to upgrade or at least look at what is availble to me online but I keep getting this message:

We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later.

Or, if you need immediate assistance, you can call your Verizon local business office.

I do not want to spend another afternoon on the phone again being transferred to a dozen different offices and being told they can't help me but the other department can but when I get there they say no we can't do anything either. This has been going on for 3 months now and it is rediculous.

Customer service is supposed to be helpful not make things more frustrating. Sometimes it seems like if you are nice to the cs person they don't get anything done but if you are rude to them it gets things working faster. Bah.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Third time the charm maybe? Can't upgrade online still
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

We apologize for the trouble that you are having. What link are you using to contact someone online?

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
dgwhite01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I lost that link. Anyways I think I have to call in to get it fixed tho last time I did call all they did was transfer me around to different departments and said they couldn't help me then the last person I talked to tried to sell me stuff instead of fixing what needed to be fixed so I just gave up. I have a block on my account because some other person's account is somehow attached to mine and they owe money. Mind you this is the first time I have ever had an account with verizon. The other person has the same last name haha. It's just frustrating to not be able to look online as to what I can upgrade and how much it will cost.

0 Likes
ManiacMagic

I had the same problems, and same results. The guy who signed up for my service even wrote my name wrong ... gave me things I didn't ask for. Customer service is horrible and I was about to swap over and get cell service too ... now I am strongly thinking against it.

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

I have tried three different ways of viewing what renewals are available and I get the same error message every time, or a blank white screen. What gives? Ask Verizon (automated) has no idea what "renewal" is.....

1. Received a letter in the mail with a link listed, does not work. 

2. When I log-in to My Verizon and try to renew, I get the aforementioned error message.

3. Using upgrade advisor I wasted a half an hour to get to the renewal offers and then it led me to blank white screen again.

What gives??????

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

It goes from this screen to a blank white screen within seconds.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AtomicRooster

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1
If you are using Internet Explorer, clearing your "cache" of temp files can fix this issue.  Go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete > and check ONLY the box for "temporary Internet files" then click Delete.     

AtomicRooster wrote:

It goes from this screen to a blank white screen within seconds.

0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you, clearing my Temp files did the trick!

ElizabethS wrote:

Hi AtomicRooster

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes