Tree limbs down on lines
EvanBergstrom

Since Hurricane Sandy, there have been two large tree limbs down on the lines behind our house. They are not on the power lines, only the phone and cable lines. There has been no interruption in service, but the limbs are very large (12-16 inches across) and are hanging on the lines. They must be putting quite a bit of weight on the lines, because they have cause quite a bit of deflection in them already. They also do not appear to be very stable.

There's no way that I can remove them safely, and our tree removal service was hesitant because of how the trees are positioned on the lines. What is Verizons policy regarding this situation?  

I should add that the limbs are not on the lines running to our house, those are run below ground. The limbs are on the main lines servicing our block. The worst part is, it's not even branches from our tree. It's from our neighbors tree, and I'm not even sure that the lines are on our property (they run along the property line). The majority of the branch is resting in our yard however.

0 Likes
Re: Tree limbs down on lines
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi EvanBergstrom,

If you're sure that they're Verizon phone lines and not power lines, you can schedule a repair team to come out.  Here is the link:

http://www.verizon.com/repair

Please let us know if you can't schedule a repair that way, and we can escalate the issue for you.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Cardarch
The link you posted to schedule a repair didn't work. Please let me know how to schedule a repAir to remove a large branch hanging on my phone cables.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You should call into the 1-800-verizon number and make your request.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes