Trouble Getting Temporary Fiber Line Buried
airjay75
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I don't want to go on too long here, but I am having trouble getting Verizon to come bury a temporary fiber line that is currently going across my neighbor's yard and driveway and then to the back of my house. My existing buried fiber line was damaged by some landscapers installing new sod.  So, I called Verizon and a tech came out on July 4th to string the new temporary fiber line and said they would be back to bury it in the next week or so.  I didn't hear anything for about 5 days - no misc utility markings, no anything.  So, I called the general customer service line.  First guy couldn't figure out what was going on, opened a ticket and said someone would call me back.  No one called back, so I did.  The second agent made a call to somene and said the problem was that the original tech never opened up a ticket to get the line buried, so he went ahead and opened a ticket to get it done.  Next day (yesterday), I get a voicemail from a guy saying he was with Verizon Bury Line Services and he was at my house to connect the buried fiber line to my ONT (my ONT is inside of my house) - this seemed weird because no one had been out to bury a new line.  Like I said, misc utilities has not been out to mark anything and I know they need to do that before they can get the line buried.  I think he just wanted to reconnect the damaged line that is currently buried not realizing it is damaged somewhere along the line and doesn't work.  Of course, he didn't leave a number to call back, so there isn't much I could do.  His number came up on caller id, so I tried calling back and leaving several voicemails, but he isn't calling me back.  This morning, I tried calling the original tech with the number on the business card he left me - left a voicemail, but nothing yet.  Tried calling the number for his manager on the business card - appears to be the wrong number.  Sent him an e-mail since his e-mail address was on there, but nothing yet. 

Trying to figure out how to get this resolved.  Any help from anyone out there? 

Re: Trouble Getting Temporary Fiber Line Buried
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble Getting Temporary Fiber Line Buried
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Airjay75,

Glad to hear that it was all taken care of for you!  Should you require any help in the future go ahead and create a new post.  We're here for you anytime!

Thanks,
Paul C.

0 Likes