Trying to do verizon a favor and give back equipment that is not mine
chimi42

I have spent the last hour on the phone being transferred 4 different times.

I just moved into an apartment/condo. On our balcony was a verizon box (it has been sitting there since we have been coming to look at the place)

Today i decided to throw it out. and lo and behold it is full of verizon equipment (boxes, router, etc.) Also as luck would have it two more boxes came shipped to my address. All three boxes are addressed to someone else (i imagine it was the person that lived here before)

As i mentioned i called verizon in order to return the equipment and save the company a large chunk of money, I was told i can drop it off at the nearest usps or verizon store, but with my work hours that will be very difficult. 

I also want to point out that the person that came to install our equipment a few days ago called me 15 minutes before his window was up and told me that he was 'running late' and that he will be taking his lunch before coming to install our equipment. So instead of the 11-1 window he came at 2 and completely ruined my fiance's day as she had made plans to go see her mother. 

I don't mind doing helping out but i think it would be nice if Verizon did something for us for spending an hour on the phone trying to return their equipment instead of throwing it out or selling it. 

0 Likes
Re: Trying to do verizon a favor and give back equipment that is not mine
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

wow Just wow

0 Likes
Re: Trying to do verizon a favor and give back equipment that is not mine
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there are pieces of verizon equipment that should be returned and there is equipment that doesn't get returned.

so a router, or a modem or set top box (cable boxes) should be returned to local verizon stores or any UPS  they will package and send it.

things that should not be returned, are cables, remote controls and battery back up units or ONT/Nids (interface devices)

pictures found at links for things that should not be returned.

those things you want to think of as electric meters or water meters, you wouldn't return a water meter, and you wouldn't return an optical network terminal or network interface device, regardless if you are using it or not.  you won't be in the apartment forever so it will go to the next customer that orders that service. 

also with usps they will come pick it up, so you can pack it and take it to your work, and they will pick up 

USPS.com® - Schedule a Pickup

Images for fios ont

Images for fios bbu

0 Likes