Un Stable Nerizon Internet Connection, DNS not responding
rightman1000

Since a few days ago my connection with Internet has be come unstable, using Fire Fox, and Chrome browsers. With the Explore works most of the time. Each time I connect to Internet using chrome or Fire Fox it connects but when I want to go to any other site then default one 90 % of the time it will not go, “ DNS not responding page appears, and modem statue changes showing connected problem “ then I have to disconnect the modem totally of any wire, then connect after a few minuets and turn on the modem so it can work, now at this time if I use internet using explorer, it is fine most of the time, but if I use chrome or fire fox the same problem starts again. This problem did not existed before a few days ago. I have checked and monitored the problem behavior.  It seams that, on venison’s account setting and security section, the browsers signature are recognized and ip is banned.

what do you think

0 Likes
Re: Un Stable Nerizon Internet Connection, DNS not responding
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if you hit it but their was some reports of hijacked DNS addresses for some Verizon users.  You need to try to get the connection to refresh, or manually enter the DNS server addresses.  I happen to use Opendns, but there are a several other popular ones.

OpenDNS

Google DNS

I don't know if the Verizon DNS servers change by area of the country.  Mine in FL currently say

and alter definition end in 14 than don't recommend addresses for not found

0 Likes