Unreturned Equipment Charge
emily1233

I have been a long standing customer with Verizon on their Fios service.  I moved out of the area and cancelled my service.  They advised me to mail in my equipment via UPS which I have done.  I was charged a unreturned equipment charge of $379.  I have tried to call 9 times to resolve this issue and have given the Customer Service agent the tracking number each time.  I am told the "Offline" team will resolve this issue in 72 hours and call me back.  I've heard this 4 times.  I cannot get this resolved with Verizon Customer Service and now I have been placed in collections. 

0 Likes
Re: Unreturned Equipment Charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi emily123 ,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your returned equipment. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once you mail your equipment back via UPS it can take upto 45 days and sometimes 60 days for it to be removed. So you have to give it up to 60 days for it to be removed. Now you are entilted to an adjustment from the day you returned it. So if you returned it on 11/17 and they didn't remove it until 1/27, you are entiled to one month and half's credit plus tax, state local, franchise fee, franchise related costs, and other fees. Put your monthly reaccuring charge for the box $11.99, $7.99, $16.99, etc and divide by thirty and times it by the overage.

Chat online is the best way. Choose the billing option. Explain the situation. Keep the chat records either print them out or write down, the rep's name date and time. You can request the adjustment at this time. Be sure to get a ticket number. The offline team only contacts by email, so be sure to leave your email. 

0 Likes
val3393
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so frustrated with Verizon. I have been a long standing customer for over 6 years now. In January we upgraded our TV service to the Fios Quantum package with 4 TV's. We received our new receivers for all four TV's and packaged all four old receivers IN THE SAME BOX and returned them to Verizon with the shipping label they provided. Well on 2/20/15 we received a $240.00 unreturned equipment charge on our account. I called Verizon right away and they told me that charge was for ONE unreturned receiver/set top box. I explained that if you didn't receive one box then you didn't receive all four boxes becuase they were all in the same box. The Verizon rep researched and said there was a glitch, she did see that all boxes were recieved and it should take 1-2 billing cycles to drop off of my account. Well it's May 22nd and the charge is still showing as a past due balance on my account. I've called Verizon 3 times since my original call and I get a different representative with a different story. They keep telling me to pay my bill but don't pay the $240.00 equipment charge that it will fall off soon. I'm really apalled with their customer service. The last gentleman I spoke with about my issue was very short and rude and acted as if I was bothering him with my phone call. I feel helpless with this issue. We pay Verizon almost $300 per month for our service and to be treated this way is extremely unfortunate. Any suggesstions???? 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello val3393

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes