Verizon Cancelled my Order- Being Charged ETF
nowerys81

I was supposed to move at the end of June and have my phone transfered to my new address since that was the only thing Verizon serviced in my new apartment.  On June 28, a rep from the work order dept called and said that since they do not actually service my area, they would be terminating my order.  I said to them "ok if you don't service my area and are canceling my service, will I be charge an early term fee?" She said no.  So i asked then don't turn my services off until July 5 since they would not be transfering my services on July 4.  On July 1st they turned off all my services.  After an hour on the phone with customer service, no one could tell me anything other than I woudn't be charge an ETF since Verizon turned off my services.  Well that was July 1st.  Fast forward to Aug and the supervisor i spoke to in billing said I would be credited the ETF and once the final bill was available (6-8 wks) I would be owed money.  

In beginning of September I got another bill stating i owed $192.15, so I called billing AGAIN and they said that according to my notes I should not have been charged an ETF and that he would turn in a claim to get it credited.  I specifically asked if I would be sent to collections for something that was their fault, rep said no since he was correcting my billing.  Tonight 9/30/13, I got a collections notice in the mail.  So I called collections, who sent me to billing and got disconnected.  Then I called them back, got sent to billings, who couldn't help me, sent me to cancellations, they couldn't even look at my account, sent me to financial services, who then I spoke with a supervisor, who was helpful, she sent me back to billings, who the supervisor, Maria, after explaining again that Verizon turned off my services not me, she told me she wouldn't turn in the claim again that she had just promised.  Said that because I cancelled the service and there was no record of me requesting a move order, I would still have to the ETF and that I should not turn it around on them.  When i asked to speak to a manager, she hung up on me.  After over 2 hours on the phone, 6 people telling me that they would get the ETF credited, I got hung up on.   I called back and got a nice gentlemen who gave me the Customer Service Ellite number.

I understand that had I stated to cancel my services because verizon doesn't service my new apartment, I would pay the ETF.  However, I asked it to be extended to July 5 (which it states in the notes I requested that) and Verizon turned off my services on July 1st.  So if Verizon cancels my services BEFORE my requested date, why am I having to pay for something that I have told repeatedly I would not have to pay for???  I'm calling the Ellite line tomorrow, but I am so sick of speaking to customer service, that I am fearful of speaking to yet another representative.

0 Likes