Verizon FIOS bundle
kaorder1

First, I would like to say that I've created an account on this forum just to vent about the xxxx I have to go through about my Verizon Triple Play Bundle.

Let's get something out of the way.  I've never had a complaint about my Verizon Fios service.  I have been a Fios Triple play customer for over 5 years.  As time changes, so do our tv/internet/home phone usage habits.   I called customer care about a week ago to look into changing my bundle to just TV & Internet as my current contract is up.  Verizon have been running a promo for $59.99 with HBO,SHO, 50/50 Internet/local tv and it's guaranteed for 2 years.   The hiccup in this nice deal?  You HAVE to be a new customer.  I called with the intention of getting a similar deal since my habits have changed from when I've last renewed my triple play bundle. Mainly in the fact that I don't use my land line & I don't have the time to watch tv (and thus have no need for all the extreme HD channels).  

I went through 3 customer service retention reps (at different times) trying to tell me that it will raise my prices more per month if I dropped the phone service in my triple play bundle.  What the????  Why that's the case, I will never understand.  Seems to me that if I'm dropping a service, my price per month should drop.   Each one of them tried to "work" with me on giving me what I want but never really giving me the $59.99 promo deal.   I told them that I don't want the triple play bundle and they kept pushing me to keep it and that I cannot have the new $59.99 promo bundle b/c it's only for NEW CUSTOMERS.   At which point, I'm throughly annoyed. Why would I pay for services I don't need?

Finally, I told the last retention rep that I'm fed up and cancelled my service and having my spouse sign up to get the new deal.  At which point, the retention rep said in a condescending manner that if I had the time, I should go ahead and do that.  Well, guess what?  I have plenty of time to do this just so I can save $50+ a month!  It really defies logic that Verizon wouldn't give their existing customers the same deal as their "NEW CUSTOMERS."  Are not all customers equal?  

Verizon will actually send their service guy to "set-up" my new plan in the coming week.  They would rather waste their time & money by sending a service guy over than to give me what I want.  

So let's do the simple math, yeah?  

1. You've lost 1 customer but gained a new one.  So it's a BIG FAT ZERO on your balance sheet with the total amount of customers per quarter in that dept.  

2. You've wasted your service guy's time (and in the process, wasted money) to basically come and swap out equipment to "set-up" my new bundle.  

3.  I STILL END UP GETTING WHAT I WANTED WITH THE $59.99 PROMO DEAL.  

Instead of rewarding your older customer by giving them what they want, you've ended up losing money but yet, I still got what I wanted.   How does your accounting dept deal with this stupidity?  Who thought up all these NEW CUSTOMER promos while not including your existing customer in this?  And the smugness of your customer retention rep is apalling.   It is a ridiculous business model and no wonder Amazon/Netflix/Hulu are taking market share from you guys?  And now google fiber is expanding......  C'mon, cable companies actually have to compete for their customer's loyalty now.  Don't stoop to Comcast Corps level, Verizon........  Remember, as time changes, so does your customer's habits.  Verizon's business models should change too.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS bundle
pamelah1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good for you!! You got me thinking a differant plan now perhaps. Now I am just thinking of going another route fearing the worse scnario coming my way. I am wanting 100 mps internet instead of 50 and to cut my Hd by a third phone could stay sam so I think I will just tell Fios to take a hike and go to another cable co. I can get a 350 VISA AND  cut off the dvr problems I have now  all in one full swep.

0 Likes
kaorder1

Just an update on my Fios bundle.

The service repair man came and set up my new account via my spouse's name yesterday.

Told him about what I went through and he said that I wasn't the only one with this problem.  He's been setting up other people's services with the exact same situation as me.  They just rotate the names in that household when their current contract is up.  He doesn't agree with how corporate Verizon is handling these types of existing customers issue.  Said they weren't actually building up their network/customer base but more like rotating them.......  The guy doesn't care b/c he's getting paid either way.   Which just proves my point on how Verizon is actuallyl losing money in my earlier post.   How is this a "growth" strategy for the company?  

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my $59.99 bundle and wating for GOOGLE FIBER to come to my city..... I can dream, can't I???

Too Verizon:  If you're reading this, give your customers what they want (whether they're NEW OR EXISTING)!!!!  That's how you build a long successful/productive/profitable business.

0 Likes
kaorder1

Just to update anyone who cares and are having the same issue as my previous problems in switching plans within Verizon.

I am currently saving around $120 per bill cycle after I have switched to the $59.99 plan from my Triple Play Bundle.  I waited for 2 bill cycle to get the real savings because your first bill on the new plan doesn't really reflect the true cost.  If you do not need a land line and can live without all the other junk channels that Verizon Fios bundles, this plan is the way to go to save about $100-$120 per bill cycle!  

Hope this has helped someone in the same situation!

0 Likes
Mario1208

I completely feel your pain my friend. I've been a loyal customer for a few years and am getting the same treatment as well. It's been to the point where I've been told face to face by an instore rep "I don't qualify for any upgraded offers"? Online/in person/over the phone it's the same **bleep** crap. What a ripoff !!!!! 

0 Likes