Verizon Fios misrepresentation
humbleminded
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good Evening,

I am writing you today to voice my feelings regarding the fios sales team in my Area. Fios just recently became available in my area (hillside, NJ) and I was approach by a fios sales team on my block. He explained to me the services and how much it would cost with the current promotion. The final cost before taxes came out to 121.99  for the tripple bundle package which incude the second to highest tv package and 5 HD boxes. I signed the contract and accepted the terms until I was contacted by a fios rep via phone to confirm the order. He told me the monthly cost is actually more than I was promised and that I would only receive 4 HD boxes and would have to pay for the addition box. In addition he informed that they are not waving the activating fees which I was promised by the sale rep. I contacted the rep that signed me up for the service and explained to him what took place. He promise me he will get to the bottom of it and offered me a $10 credit every month for the next 2 years to cover my addition box. He came to my house and gave me the new price for the service and it was out to $117.99 with the 10 credit before taxes. My final monthly bill was 131.99 with taxes. I once again agreed and signed the contract, which he signed and put the new price at the very top of the page as well as the length of the promotion, and I confirmed the order with the sale's rep he had contacted via cellphone. 2 days later I was once again contacted by Verizon and the rep explain to me the services I signed up for and how much my bill each month will be. Once again, the price that the rep told me did not match-up with the price on the contract I signed. I became frustrated and angry and felt as if I was lied too. I am very disappointed at the lack of honesty by the Verizon sale rep. I searched the web and came across numerous complaints regarding door to door Verizon sales rep and their lies. I know for a fact that Verizon is aware of this because I have seen some of those complaints on the Verizon community page. If this how verizon is conducting its business then I am ashamed to be a customer. I finally cancelled the order and I will be sticking with Comcast.