• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
dhosgood89
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Verizon Prepaid Card Question

I made a purchase with my Verizon reward card that I ended up returning. The company I purchased from says they have refunded my money, but now over a week later, the money still hasn't reappeared in my card balance. I've tried to contact Verizon to find out when I can expect the refund, but I haven't had any luck. The live agent I chatted with online referred me to Verizon Customer Care, Verizon Customer Care referred me to the Verizon Rebate Center, and the Verizon Rebate Center didn't recognize my 16 digit card number.

When can I expect to get my money back? Who can I contact about this?

Gold Contributor VII
Justin
0 Kudos

Re: Verizon Prepaid Card Question

dhosgood89 wrote:

I made a purchase with my Verizon reward card that I ended up returning. The company I purchased from says they have refunded my money, but now over a week later, the money still hasn't reappeared in my card balance. I've tried to contact Verizon to find out when I can expect the refund, but I haven't had any luck. The live agent I chatted with online referred me to Verizon Customer Care, Verizon Customer Care referred me to the Verizon Rebate Center, and the Verizon Rebate Center didn't recognize my 16 digit card number.

When can I expect to get my money back? Who can I contact about this?

Good question. Not one I have faced yet, hope I don't.

In reading the Visa Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement on the prepaidcard website:

1) It may take up to 7 days for a refund to be credited to your card (but you have already waited more than 7 days, right?).

2) In case of errors or questions, call 1-888-397-0765 or write to:

Customer Service

www.verizon.com/prepaidcard

PO Box 9018

Coppell, TX 75019

Have you either called or written the above?

I also have a paper copy of the Agreement that came with the card. Interestingly my paper copy I have says up to 5 days for the refund, the one on the website says up to 7 days, and my paper copy does not appear to have the mailing address I posted above. My paper copy also has 2004-2011 copyright, the online version doesn't have one that I can find.

Does this help at all? I hope so....so far no problem for me, I have already used most of the $345, down to $55 or so now, but I am using the card mostly at restaurants and the grocery store, after I paid my Verizon FiOS bill once with it.

Keller, TX 76248

Contributor
dhosgood89
0 Kudos

Thank you for responding.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I realize that weekends probably don't count towards the 7 days. I just figured I would have my money around the 17th since this all started on the 10th.

I haven't written customer service, but I did call that number after reading it off the back of the card. The automated system only provides the same information as the verizon.com/prepaidcard website and didn't have any options for speaking to representatives.

I suppose I'll just have to be a little more patient but I want more school clothes! If I don't have the refund by Friday, I may have to try writing them.

Contributor
dhosgood89
0 Kudos

It is now April 20th and I still haven't received my refund. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated. Can anyone offer any more advice or do I actually have to write to these people?

Contributor
dhosgood89
0 Kudos

What a fun day.

Bronze Contributor II
questioning
0 Kudos

Call them up and find out.  My understanding is that this is a pre-paid debit card, which I have seen advertised on TV.  I've had to get refunds on my credit card and I know with credit cards, refunds typically take longer because everything has to be verified first.  It might be the same with the Verizon pre-paid debit card.

Contributor
dhosgood89
0 Kudos

I've reread the card holder agreement, and apparently they hold the funds from canceled transactions for up to 10 days. This started on the 10th in the evening so let's say that day 1 is the 11th. If I'm supposed to exclude weekends, yesterday was day 10.

I've tried contacting them, and everyone I speak with is clueless on this matter. They don't know, so they refer me to someone else who doesn't know. Also, Verizon Live Chat is nearly impossible to get ahold of.

But I should probably keep my mouth shut because I'm just another dumb, angry customer, and some new technicality will become apparent soon that will justify holding my funds for another month or two.

Gold Contributor VII
Justin

dhosgood89 wrote:

I've reread the card holder agreement, and apparently they hold the funds from canceled transactions for up to 10 days. This started on the 10th in the evening so let's say that day 1 is the 11th. If I'm supposed to exclude weekends, yesterday was day 10.

I've tried contacting them, and everyone I speak with is clueless on this matter. They don't know, so they refer me to someone else who doesn't know. Also, Verizon Live Chat is nearly impossible to get ahold of.

But I should probably keep my mouth shut because I'm just another dumb, angry customer, and some new technicality will become apparent soon that will justify holding my funds for another month or two.

I think you have waited long enough, seems to me the credit should be there.

My suggestions:

1) Call that 1-888-397-0765 number again and select option 3, lost or stolen. The way I read all of their stuff, this should connect you with "Customer Support", and I would hope that means a live person. If that doesn't work, try entering a 0 or maybe wait and see if you enter nothing, maybe it will eventually connect you with a live person. Poorly set up if you ask me (which you didn't)....

2) According to what I see at the website (www.verizon.com/prepaidcard) the program is managed for Verizon by Parago. I went to Parago's website, they have a Contact Us area on the site where you can complete a form. Plus there is a Corporate phone number you might try. And they are on Twitter, etc, maybe you can find a way to reach someone there.

Beyond that, I really don't have any other ideas. I really would not expect the regular Verizon help people, in any area, to be able to help with this, it is a program that is managed by another company, and I think they are the ones you need to be talking to.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

Contributor
dhosgood89
0 Kudos

Finally received my refund today. If you make a purchase online with your Verizon prepaid debit rewards card and change your mind and cancel the order before it gets shipped, be prepared to wait a full 30 days to receive your refund despite what the cardholder agreement says.

Bronze Contributor II
questioning
0 Kudos

That sounds about right.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411