Verizon & Direct TV - issue
Not applicable

A friend of mine was promised Verizon Fios - he left Comcast because of the great deal with the Triple Play - loved Fios (since I had it and saw how wonderful it was) and was promised Fios...when he signed up - they informed him they did not have Fios in his area but it will be coming soon.  So...Verizon set him up with Direct TV (who screwed up his roof with holes in his ceiling - now leaking) and then called a month later and said - we now have Fios in your area.  So...he said great - little did he know that Verizon was billing him double - Direct TV and Verizon.  He paid this for quite some time before he realized what was going on.  He called Verizon and they adjusted his bill.

The next month, it started again....double billing.  He called Verizon they said he has to talk to Direct TV - Direct TV said he would have to cancel his contract and pay an early termination fee.  Now...if Verizon knew this was only temporary until Fios was available (Hurricane Sandy affected area no less) why did they hook him up with Direct TV with a 2-year contract????

This is ridiculous...he feels that Verizon and Direct TV are in bed together and they need to get this resolved.  He is a very busy person and does not have time to sit on the phone with customer service especially since I tried calling for him and got the run around - back and forth to Verizon & Direct TV - it is one bill - he should only have to talk to one company.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to resolve it?  This is horrible!  He now has no service because he refuses to pay the bill until the rectify the matter which is hurting his business in the meantime!

Thanks!

0 Likes